After making 10 attempts to unlock iPhone or iPad with the wrong passcodes, you will see the Security Lockout screen. When tap the Erase iPhone option, your iPhone says "This iPhone is in security lockout. You can try your passcode again in (null), or you can erase and reset this iPhone now." If you don't want to erase all content and settings on your device, you might be eager to figure out what "try passcode again in null" means. In this article, you can get the answers to this question and the solutions for accessing your device again.
- Part 1. What Does It Mean When iPhone Says "You Can Try Your Passcode Again in Null"
- Part 2. How to Get Rid of "You Can Try Your Passcode Again in Null"
- Method 1. Enter Apple ID Password to Erase iPhone
- Method 2. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Method 3. Go to iCloud Website to Bypass Security Lockout Null
- Method 4. Employ Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to Unlock Device
- Part 3. Conclusion
Part 1. What Does "You Can Try Your Passcode Again in Null" Mean
Normally, when you enter incorrect passcodes several times, you will be alerted that "iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes" or "This iPhone is security lockout. You can try your passcode again in 15 minutes". But when your iPhone is in security lockout null, it says that you can try your passcode again in null. It means, your iPhone is disabled for years or permanently disabled, and you are no longer allowed to enter passcode to unlock your device. If you want to access your iPhone or iPad, you have to erase all data.
Part 2. How to Get Rid of "You Can Try Your Passcode Again in Null"
Method 1. Enter Apple ID Password to Erase iPhone
Whether your iPad or iPhone is locked by the Security Lockout screen, there will be an Erase option at the bottom. Tap Erase iPhone(iPad), and it will say that you can try your passcode again in null. On the Erase All Content & Settings interface, keep tapping the Erase option, type in your Apple ID password to sign out of your account and turn off Find My and the activation lock. After that, your device will start to be erased and the screen lock will be removed.
Method 2. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone in Recovery Mode
What if you forgot your Apple ID password? How to bypass "try your passcode again in null"? iTunes can also erase your device even though it hasn't been trusted by the computer. If your device is trusted before, you don’t need to unlock it, instead, iTunes can directly detect your device. In this case, you can make a backup and recover it after erasing. As for untrusted iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Plug iPhone or iPad into computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: Put device into recovery mode.
- iPhone 8 and later/ iPad with Face ID: press Volume Up and undo it, do the same to Volume Down, long-press the Side button and release it until you see the recovery screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: hold the Home button and the Volume Down button at the same time, and release them when it successfully gets into the recovery screen.
- iPhone 6 and former/ iPad with Home button: keep holding the Home and Power buttons, and let go of them once the recovery screen appears.
- Step 3: On the iTunes screen, a prompt pops up asking you to Update or Restore your device. Click on Restore to get rid of security lockout null.
Method 3. Go to iCloud Website to Bypass Security Lockout Null
Some users might be stuck on the Security Lockout screen, as a result, the Erase iPhone option becomes unresponsive. In this situation, even if you remember your Apple ID password, you can't take advantage of this feature to fix "try your passcode again in null". iCloud is another choice for dealing with this problem. Here is how it's done.
- Step 1: Open any browser and go to icloud.com.
- Step 2: Type in your Apple ID and password and then enter the verification code to sign in with your Apple account.
- Step 3: Go to the Apple ID section, click the Find Devices link and you will be guided to a map.
- Step 4: From the All Devices list, choose your locked device and select the Erase iPhone/iPad option.
- Step 5: Enter the required information to begin erasing your device.
Method 4. Employ Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to Unlock Device
When you can try your passcode again in null, it is recommended using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to erase and reset your device in case you forgot the password of your Apple ID. No matter whether you have set up a digit passcode, Face ID or Touch ID, they can all be removed by this unlocking tool within a few clicks. It is able to unlock all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod, and is compatible with the iOS 17 series. Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker can be applied in different scenarios, such as your iPhone Unavailable, iPad Security Lockout, Face ID stops working, etc. If you have demands to remove a disabled Apple ID, it could help you do this with no data loss. Moreover, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker has the ability to turn off Screen Time and bypass MDM with a high rate of success.
Step 1 Select Unlock iOS Screen and Plug Device
On the main interface of Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, select the Unlock iOS Screen feature and plug your device into the computer. Then, click on Start.
Step 2 Put Device into DFU/ Recovery Mode
Click the bottom link to switch to the instructions for recovery mode. Locate your device model and follow the guide to put your device into recovery mode or DFU mode. When succeed, click the right arrow to move on.
Step 3 Download and Verify Firmware Package
Check and ensure that your device information is correct. If there is something wrong, modify it by yourself. Then, click the Download button and wait for the firmware package to be downloaded and verified.
Step 4 Fix Try Passcode Again in Null
Click the Unlock button to start to bypass iPhone security lockout and fix "try your passcode again in null". It will take a few minutes to erase your device.
Part 3. Conclusion
When iPhone Security Lockout, you can try your passcode again in null, which means that you have no chance to enter passcode to unlock your iPhone anymore. Encountering this interface, you have to erase all your data so as to get your device unlocked. The only method to prevent your data from being lost is to connect the trusted device to iTunes and make a backup. Otherwise, if you want to fix "try passcode again in null", your data will be deleted. To do so, iCloud, iTunes, and Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker are all available. It is worth mentioning that Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker has the least requirements. When you forget Apple ID password, employ this powerful unlocking tool to solve your problem!