Wii, unofficially called Nintendo Wii, targets people of all ages. It becomes a great success after its release. Hordes of Wii gamers, vloggers and YouTubers now would like to share their gameplay with their best friends and fans. Do you want to bring interesting and exciting Wii game videos to yours as well? If the answer is yes but you are confused about how to record Wii gameplay easily, you can take a look at this article. It not only takes a comprehensive look at different methods but also tells you how to record step by step.
- Part 1. Record Wii Game Footage via Joyoshare VidiKit
- Part 2. Record Wii Game Footage via a Capture Card
- Recommendation on More Wii Gameplay Recorders
Part 1. How to Record Wii Gameplay without a Capture Card
When it comes to game video recording, we always recommend Joyoshare VidiKit (upgraded from Joyoshare Screen Recorder) without any hesitation. As always, this multipurpose video editor, integrating a strong screen recording utility, enables you to record any video with or without audio in a perfect way. You are allowed to record gameplay on video game consoles, PowerPoint presentations, Hulu movies, zoom meetings, FaceTime video chats, YouTube tv, etc. with no time limit.
Additionally, you are able to save your recorded Wii gameplay as WMV, AVI, DV, MPEG, MP4, M4V, FLV, HD MKV, HEVC, MOV, etc. for YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and many more. This program also provides a wide range of flexible editing features. You can manually set the start and end point of your recording tasks, insert a watermark, show or hide cursor and clicks, adjust bitrate and frame rate, etc.
- Record Wii gameplay in HD or 4K quality with no time limit
- Output recorded game videos to any video/audio format you like
- Capture Wii game clips in full screen or any customized area
- Support grabbing sound from the computer system and microphone
- Record gameplay on Wii U, Switch, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, etc.
- Built in many editing tools and an easy-to-use media player
40% Off Coupon Code: MECC40ASP [Valid until October 31]
Step 1Connect Wii to Computer
The first thing you need to do is to prepare a USB adapter that fits well with Wii. The Nintendo Wii uses standard RCA video/audio cables. Though most of them will be standard for other electronic devices, you still need a Wii USB adapter to convert the Wii's signal.
- Step 1: Unplug the AV cable at the back of your Wii;
- Step 2: Connect the Wii port on the end of the adapter to the back of your Wii;
- Step 3: Use a USB cable to link your computer and the other end of the adapter;
- Step 4: Double-click the adapter connection drive on your computer;
- Step 5: Click the Start button and choose My Computer.
Step 2Start Joyoshare VidiKit
Run Joyoshare VidiKit on your computer after installing it. When you come to the home interface, press the "Record" panel and open the screen recorder. Press the icon to select the "Record video and audio" mode. Now you can prepare to play your desirable gameplay on your Wii game console.
Step 3Adjust Recording Settings
Find the gear icon at the bottom right of the screen. Click it and you will see a series of editing options. You can click the "Format" button under "Basic record options" to select your wanted output format. You are able to schedule your Wii gameplay recording task so that you don't have to sit in front of your computer for hours. You are also allowed to change the pattern of your cursor and clicks.
Step 4 Set Recording Area
Next, press the "+" icon on the left side of the main screen. Feel free to drag the blue frame to grab your recording area. You can also go to the small triangle icon nearby and choose a preset standard resolution from the dropdown list. Next, refer to the center of the screen. Here you can turn on/off system audio and microphone and adjust the volume at ease.
Step 5 Start to Capture Game on Wii
Now press the blue "REC" button on the right side of the operation window. After a three-second countdown, this program will help record your Wii gameplay. A toolbar will appear outside the dynamic capturing frame. You can use the buttons on it to stop recording and cut unnecessary game video clips at any time.
Step 6 Edit Wii Gameplay
After tapping the "Stop" button on the minimized toolbar, the "History" window will show up immediately. You are free to rename and play them one by one. Using the "Edit" icon, you can cut and trim your Wii gameplay so as to remove any content you don't want.
Part 2. Record Wii Gameplay with a Game Capture Card
There are many capture cards in the market such as Elgato Capture Card, Blackmagic Design, AGPTEK Capture Card, etc. They are widely accepted in the market. If you happen to have one of them, you can use it to help you record Wii gameplay directly. Notice that usually, your needed HDMI cables will be included in your capture card box. This session will focus on how to use Elgato Game Capture HD60 S to record Wii game footage.
- Stream and record at a fast speed
- Offer stunning 1080p60 quality
- Record Wii gameplay for hours seamlessly
- Have built-in Live commentary feature
- Support low latency technology to record
- Add overlays, webcam, alerts, and a whole lot more
- Step 1: Use one HDMI cable to connect your Elgato capture card's "In" port and your Wii console;
- Step 2: Use another HDMI cable to link your Elgato capture card's "Out" port with your computer;
- Step 3: Use a USB cable to connect your computer to your Wii;
- Step 4: Download the software for your Elgato Capture Card on gamingdownloads.com;
- Step 5: Run the software on your computer and then click the red button and start to record.
More Tools to Capture Wii Gameplay
You may be familiar with its acronym, OBS. It is a free video streaming and recording tool. Featured with high performance, you can use it to create zero lag videos from images, text, webcams, browser windows, etc. This program also contains an audio mixer along with per-source filters. As powerful it is, it will take you some time to figure out how to use it correctly.
- Support Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Completely Free and open-source
- Allow for video recording and live streaming
- Excellent performance real-time audio capturing
- Use an unlimited number of scenes
- Easy to use configuration options
- Step 1: After connecting your Wii to computer, open OBS and click on the "+" button below "Sources" to add a new source for Wii gameplay recording;
- Step 2: Select the "Game Capture" option and type a name;
- Step 3: In the resulting window, expand the "Mode" list and choose the "Capture any full-screen application" option, which will enable you to capture any game you have opened; you can also select "Capture specific window" and then choose a specific game using the "Window" dropdown list;
- Step 4: Press the "OK" button to create the new capture source, then tap the "Start Recording" button in the panel to the right to begin to record gameplay from Wii.
It is not surprising that you will be probably impressed by its intuitive interface at the first sight. EaseUS RecExperts is a user-friendly game recorder for beginners, supporting recording screen, audio, webcam, Wii gameplay, etc. As a powerful tool, it allows you to flexibly capture any screen size of your PC and Mac. Moreover, it allows you to save captured gameplay as AVI, MP4, WMV, ASF, MOV, FLV, etc.
- Support Windows and Mac operating systems
- Capture Wii gameplay in full screen and webcam
- Grab sounds from system and microphone
- Record computer sound and voice at the same time
- Enhance videos by adding text, lines, arrows, etc.
- Step 1: Install and run EaseUS RecExperts on your computer, then launch the Wii gameplay you are going to record, and don't forget to connect your Wii to computer;
- Step 2: To grab recording area, you can either press the "Full Screen" button to record the entire screen or the "Region" button to record a partial screen;
- Step 3: Tap the "Webcam" button if necessary and the "Audio" button to adjust the volume;
- Step 4: There are many more buttons at the bottom of the main screen such as "Recording quality", "Record microphone", "Countdown before starting", etc., and you can also click on the "More options" button on the right side of the screen to customize your output format as well as bitrate, frame rate, etc.
- Step 5: Now you can hit on the "Record" button and start to record Wii gameplay easily.