Mozilla Firefox, short as Firefox, is a free and popular web browser with an intuitive user interface. Its strong compatibility allows it to be installed into Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and more. Firefox is famous for its speed, add-ons, and security compared to Internet Explorer. If you are using Firefox, in order to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, etc. offline at any time, you will need a program suitable for Firefox browser to record Firefox screen video and audio. Luckily, today's article is going to show you how to record videos and audio on Firefox using many handy and popular screen recorders and add-ons with ease.
- Part 1. Best Way to Record Screen on Firefox - Joyoshare VidiKit (No Watermark)
- Part 2. More Popular Screen Recorders for Firefox
- Part 3. Many Handy Add-ons for Firefox
Part 1. Record Actions on Screen in Firefox - Joyoshare VidiKit
Joyoshare VidiKit (upgraded from Joyoshare Screen Recorder) is a smart video recorder for both Windows and Mac. As a perfect screen recorder for Chrome, Firefox or any other browsers and any streaming sites, this app can record and save all desktop activities as high-quality files. Supported formats include but not limited to MP4, MKV, FLV, SWF, MPEG, WebM, OGG, HD video, 4K video, F4V, and MOV.
You can use Joyoshare VidiKit to record screen video with no watermark, no lag, and no time limit at all. Moreover, many custom settings are available for you to fully control and customize your Firefox screen recording. You are free to select your output format and adjust its parameters, grab a capturing area of any size, add a specified watermark to screen recording, highlight clicks, and a whole lot more.
- Record Firefox screen video from any source in high quality
- Record system audio and microphone sound simultaneously
- Allow you to customize video and audio parameters like frame rate
- Grab the full screen or a selected area of any screen size
- Support various output format and a built-in media player
- Add a scheduled recording task, manage screen recordings, etc.
Step 1 Open Screen Recorder and Set Recording Mode
To begin with, you need to run Joyoshare VidiKit. After starting the program, you can click to open the screen recorder on the "Record" panel. If you want to record screen with audio, you can tap the icon to enable the "Record video and audio" mode. But if you only want to record audio on Firefox, you can click the icon instead to select the "Record audio" mode.
Step 2 Customize Custom Settings
Next, find and click the gear icon near the "REC" button to unfold the settings window. As you can see, the "Format" button is available if you need to choose an output format and change codec, bitrate, frame rate, resolution, etc. When hitting the "Watermark" button, you will be able to import your own logo and adjust its position, transparency, etc. More options such as scheduling a recording task, highlighting cursor and clicks are accessible as well.
Step 3 Select Screen Size
Launch your Firefox browser. If you have chosen the "Record video and audio" mode, you can press the "+" icon to grab your capturing area. You are able to drag the blue frame freely. The width and height of your selected region can be changed manually as well. If you need to record in full screen or choose a standard resolution, you can click the triangle icon near the "+" icon and select it from the list.
Step 4 Start to Record Firefox Screen
Now you can tap the "REC" button and Joyoshare VidiKit will begin to record video and audio on Firefox after a three-second countdown. If you would like to split your recordings, you can click the "Cut" button on the minimized toolbar outside the capturing frame. Unwanted content can be skipped as long as you hit the "Pause" button. Finally, click the "Stop" button to complete the recording task at any time.
Step 5 Edit Recorded Firefox Videos
After stopping recording Firefox, the History window will pop up immediately. At that time, you will be able to rename your recorded files. You can also press the "Edit" icon to cut and trim your videos and audio files. Moreover, you can edit the ID3 tag information at ease.
Part 2. More Popular Firefox Screen Recorders
Wondershare UniConverter is more than a simple video converter. It also has a screen recording utility that allows you to screen capture your computer screen. Using this app, you will be able to record a particular section or the entire desktop screen in a fast and easy manner. Additionally, it has a full set of editing tools as well, so you are capable of adding fonts, shapes, colors, etc. to your Firefox screen recordings.
- Convert videos and audios at 30X fast speed
- Edit Firefox videos and audio after recording
- Support a large number of input and output formats
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers
- Record screen of any size with audio
- Step 1: Launch Wondershare UniConverter on your computer, then press the "Screen Recorder" tab on the left; now you can select the "Screen Recorder" option and a toolbar will show up;
- Step 2: On the toolbar, you will be able to set up to record Firefox screen in a custom or full screen; you can also choose to turn on or off "System Audio" and "Microphone" as you like;
- Step 3: If you click on the gear icon below the "REC" button, you will be able to change the ouput folder, customize the frame rate, quality, etc. set up the record timer, and more;
- Step 4: In the final step, you are free to tap the "REC" button and Wondershare UniConverter will start to record video on Firefox after a three-second countdown; you can press the "Stop" button on the minimized toolbar at any time to stop recording instantly.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a professional Firefox and Chrome screen recorder. Similar to other screen recorders, this app has the ability to capture almost anything that happens on your desktop screen. You can make use of it to record gameplay, make how-to videos, save video chats, and so forth. It supports abundant output formats and has various editing tools as well.
- Support AVI, MOV, MP4, WMA, and more
- Record Firefox video with or without sound
- Add texts, arrows, call-outs, lines, etc.
- Customize capturing area easily and freely
- Step 1: After downloading and installing AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium on your computer, you will be presented with many options like "Video Recorder", "Audio Recorder", "Screen Capture", etc. You can select the "Video Recorder" if you need to record Firefox video with sound;
- Step 2: Next, you can choose to record in full screen or a custom area on the left side of the screen; you can also customize the system audio, microphone, etc.
- Step 3: When you are ready, press the "REC" button on the right side of the screen to start to record videos on Firefox.
Part 3. Many Handy Firefox Add-ons to Use
Firefox extensions or add-ons are programs that can be installed into your Firefox browser to adjust the browser's functionality. By doing so, you are modifying existing or adding features in Firefox. Using an add-on screen recorder is a free and straightforward way to record screen on Firefox. Here come many handy and lightweight Firefox add-ons.
Nimbus Screen Capture
Nimbus Screen Capture is an easy-to-use extension for Firefox. Used by a large number of users on different platforms, this add-on has the ability to screen capture web pages. You can either use it to record the whole Firefox browser window or in any selected region. Additionally, if you use it to take screenshots, you can edit and save images in a fast and easy manner.
- Can scroll screen when capturing screenshots
- Record numerous pages at the same time
- There are no serious video length limit
- Support various settings options
- Convert recorded videos to MP4/GIF
- You will need a Premium account to gain access to its full features
Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder
Awesome Screenshot & Screen Recorder is a powerful 2-in-1 program. You can not only make use of this tool to conduct full page screen capture, but also use it to record the Firefox browser with far greater ease. When it comes to screen recording, you are allowed to record desktop or camera only with your voice. After recording, you will be able to share your created videos and images with unique sharable links.
- Record Firefox screen with microphone voice
- Get a shareable link after recording
- Capture a screenshot of any web page
- Edit screenshots by cropping, annotating, etc.
- You will need a Premium account to save and share recording
Five Firefox screen recorder tools have been mentioned above. You are free to select a third-party screen recorder or an add-on to record your Firefox videos or audio, while in many cases, the former runs stabler than the latter. Joyoshare VidiKit (upgraded from Joyoshare Screen Recorder) is highly recommended as you can use it to record any video and audio from any source in 4K or HD quality at 60 FPS. Being perfect for every beginner and professional, Joyoshare VidiKit will enable all of you to record screen easily and efficiently.