Can you jailbreak iPad with activation lock? The answer is Yes. iPad that is locked by the activation lock could be jailbroken. Considering that you're asking this question in a situation where you don't have the option of removing the activation lock with your Apple ID password and screen passcode, jailbreak is the ultimate step you could take to unlock your iPad. In this article, you can get an explanation about removing iPad activation lock by jailbreak. Most importantly, it will guide you on how to jailbreak iPad Mini 2 with activation lock and how to bypass iPad activation lock.
- Part 1. Can Jailbreak Remove Activation Lock?
- Part 2. How to Jailbreak iPad with Activation Lock
- Part 3. How to Unlock iPad with Activation Lock
- Part 4. Summary
Part 1. Can Jailbreak Remove Activation Lock?
Although it is possible to jailbreak iPad with activation lock, does jailbreak remove activation lock? It is regret to tell you that the activation lock on iPad cannot be removed by jailbreak as jailbreak is merely one of the crucial steps in the process of unlocking iCloud locked iPad. Completing the rest of the steps is necessary only then the activation lock on iPad Mini 2 can be successfully unlocked. Moreover, you'd better have a basic knowledge about the disadvantages of jailbreaking iPad. On the jailbroken iPad, you can't receive firmware updates and will be unable to access some services. At the same time, your warranty is voided and your iPad is more vulnerable to security risks.
Part 2. How to Jailbreak iPad with Activation Lock
The steps to jailbreak devices are complex and require technical skills. Fortunately, here provides you with detailed and comprehensive instructions. You can follow the guide step by step to jailbreak your iPad with activation lock. Before get started, make sure you've already installed the jailbreak tool (checkra1n) on your computer.
- Step 1: Install the jailbreak tool on a USB flash drive and start to boot your system into a jailbreak environment.
- Step 2: Connect iPad Mini 2 to your computer when your PC is in the jailbreak environment.
- Step 3: Use the keyboard arrow keys to select the Options in the checkra1n tool, and then press the Enter.
- Step 4: On the Settings screen, move your keyboard arrow keys to select the "Allow Untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions" options, and then press the Enter.
- Step 5: After that, hit the Back button and press the Enter to return to the main interface.
- Step 6: Now press the Start button and hit the Enter to jailbreak your iOS device.
- Step 7: The checkra1n requires you to put your device into DFU mode manually. Hit the Next. And it will automatically put your device into recovery mode first.
- Step 8: Wait a while until the process is done. Now check the Next option. Follow the instructions and click the Start button to put your device into DFU mode.
- Step 9: After it enters the DFU mode successfully, checkra1n will start jailbreaking your device automatically. The process will take a moment.
- Step 10: Keep your device connected during the process. When it's completed, press the Done and unplug your USB flash drive.
- Step 11: Now your iOS device is jailbroken. Then you can hit the "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" shortcut keys to restart the computer.
- Step 1: Plug your iPad Mini 2 into your Mac with an original USB cable, and install the jailbreak tool (checkra1n).
- Step 2: Make sure that you have not set up a passcode on your iPad, and click the Start button to start jailbreaking your device.
- Step 3: The checkra1n will ask you to enter DFU mode manually. Press Next to continue.
- Step 4: It will put your device into recovery mode first. When it's finished, click Next.
- Step 5: Then follow the guide and click the Start button to put the device into DFU mode manually.
- Step 6: Once your device is in the DFU mode, checkra1n will installing jailbreak. Wait a while until the process is completed. Don't disconnect your device during the process.
Part 3. How to Unlock iPad with Activation Lock
Since you can't unlock iPad activation lock by merely jailbreaking, it is needy to use Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to complete the process of removing the activation lock on iPad Mini 2. It is a professional program that concentrates on activation lock on Apple devices. If you are locked by iCloud activation lock asking for someone else's Apple ID password, or your iPhone is in lost mode, or your iPad is locked to owner, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker could solve them with a high success rate. As you can see, this software supports iPhone, iPad and iPod, and is compatible with iOS and iPadOS systems. When you take advantage of it to remove the activation lock, you can also turn off the Find My feature and unlock Apple ID without obstacle.
Step 1 Launch Joyoshare Activation Unlocker and Connect iPad Mini 2
Download and install the latest Joyoshare Activation Unlocker on your computer, and click the disclaimer at the bottom of the main interface. Hit the Agree button if you agree with the terms, and click the Start button. Then, use a USB cable to connect your iPad Mini to the computer.
Step 2 Jailbreak iPad Mini 2 with Activation Lock
Follow the steps listed above to jailbreak your iCloud-locked iPad. Alternatively, after the jailbreak tool is downloaded on your computer, install it and follow the Jailbreak Tutorial to make your iPad jailbroken.
Step 3 Remove the Activation Lock on iPad Mini 2
Since you have jailbroken your device, click the Start to Remove button to begin bypassing the activation lock on your iPad if the device information is correct.
Part 4. Summary
After finishing reading this article, you can learn that jailbreak won't unlock the iPad activation lock, but to remove the activation lock you need to jailbreak your iPad. This article tells you how to jailbreak iPad Mini 2 with activation lock on a Windows PC and a Mac. After jailbreaking your iPad, you can employ Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to complete the process of removing the iCloud activation lock. It doesn't require your personal information and can safely solve the problems related to the activation lock as well as the Apple ID password. Hoping that this article is effective in dealing with your iPad with activation lock.