When you factory reset your iPad and get it restarted, you will see the screen showing "iPad Locked To Owner", and it requires you to sign in to the previous Apple account. However, some users, especially those who are using second-hand iPads, report that this lock screen cannot be unlocked because of the wrong account or password. Is there another way to bypass iPad Locked To Owner efficiently? Of course yes. This article is going to give you other 4 methods to unlock the iPad activation lock so as to reactivate your iPad.
- Part 1. FAQs about iPad Locked To Owner
- Part 2. How to Unlock iPad Locked To Owner
- Method 1: Remove iPad Locked To Owner with Screen Passcode
- Method 2: Bypass iPad Locked To Owner via iCloud
- Method 3: Unlock iPad Locked To Owner with Joyoshare Activation Unlocker
- Method 4: Bypass iPad Locked To Owner by Changing DNS
- Part 3. Final Words
Part 1. FAQs about iPad Locked To Owner
Q1: What is iPad Locked To Owner?
A: It means that the activation lock on iPad is functioning to protect data from leaking in case the device is stolen or lost. With the Apple ID or screen passcode, the iPad Locked To Owner screen could be unlocked.
Q2: Why is my iPad locked to owner?
A: Usually, when the Find My feature is enabled and the iPad is associated with your Apple ID, the iPad Locked To Owner screen will appear after factory resetting your iPad.
Q3: Does restoring iPad remove iPad Locked To Owner?
A: No, it is impossible to remove the iPad Locked To Owner interface by restoring iPad. Restoring can only delete iPad data that exist on Apple's servers while the activation lock is regarded as a built-in security feature. As a consequence, restoring is able to erase data but not bypass the activation lock.
Q4: Can I contact Apple Support to bypass iPad Locked To Owner?
A: Yes, you could offer your personal information to an Apple serviceman and they will assist you to bypass the iPad activation lock. But it will erase all data on your iPad.
Part 2. How to Unlock iPad Locked To Owner
Method 1: Remove iPad Locked To Owner with Screen Passcode
If you are alerted that the Apple ID and password are incorrect, it could be inferred that you need to enter the previous owner's account and password. Actually, if you cannot remember the related information or are unable to contact the previous owner, there is an easy way to remove iPad Locked To Owner – use the screen passcode.
- Step 1: On the iPad Locked To Owner interface, tap the blue link saying Unlock with Passcode.
- Step 2: Choose the Use Device Passcode option.
- Step 3: Enter the previous screen passcode.
Method 2: Bypass iPad Locked To Owner via iCloud
As the iPad activation lock emerges because iPad is not unbound from the previous Apple ID, removing iPad from account is a solution to end the problem once and for all. One thing that should be noticed is that the previous account and password are required, which indicates that the previous owner could operate this method remotely.
- Step 1: Go to the iCloud page on any browser.
- Step 2: Sign in with the Apple account that is linked to the locked iPad.
- Step 3: Choose the Apple ID section and look for the Find Devices link.
- Step 4: Select the locked iPad from the All Devices list.
- Step 5: Click the Remove from Account option and enter the password to proceed.
Method 3: Unlock iPad Locked To Owner with Joyoshare Activation Unlocker
There are occasions where some of you have no way to contact the previous owner, or it says that you enter the wrong previous device passcode. In this situation, to unlock iPad Locked To Owner, you could give a chance to Joyoshare Activation Unlocker. It has the ability to remove the activation lock without the requirement of previous screen passcode or the previous Apple ID. No matter whether iPad or iPhone is locked to owner, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is helpful in dealing with this problem with no obstacles. Moreover, you could apply this software to turn off the Find My feature and unlock your Apple ID easily and safely.
- Bypass iPad locked to owner without passcode and Apple ID
- Turn off the Find My feature and unlock Apple account
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Protect personal information from leaking
Step 1 Read Notes and Connect iPad
After installing Joyoshare Activation Unlocker, open this program and read the notes as well as the disclaimer. Agree to the disclaimer and click the Start button to begin. Then, connect your locked iPad to the computer with a USB cable.
Step 2 Jailbreak iPad with the Jailbreak Tutorial
Once the jailbreak tool is downloaded on your computer, click the Start Installation button to install it to a USB drive. After that, click the Jailbreak Tutorial option to see how to jailbreak your iPad.
- Jailbreak Tutorial:
- ☞ How to Jailbreak iOS Device on Windows
- ☞ How to Jailbreak iOS Device on Mac
Step 3 Start to Bypass iPad Locked To Owner
After jailbreaking your iPad, your device information will be displayed on the screen. If they are correct, click the Start to Remove button to begin bypassing the iPad Locked To Owner screen.
Method 4: Bypass iPad Locked To Owner by Changing DNS
The other workaround on how to unlock iPad Locked To Owner is to change the DNS on your iPad. Changing Domain Name System will not damage your iPad, but it might work on limited and old iOS system versions. Anyway, it is worth trying.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPad and choose Wi-Fi or WLAN.
- Step 2: Tap the "i" icon next to the network you connect to.
- Step 3: Choose the Configure DNS option and tick the Manual option.
- Step 4: Under DNS SERVERS, tap on the green plus icon to add server. You could refer to the DNS value below.
- USA: 22.214.171.124
- South America: 126.96.36.199
- Europe: 188.8.131.52
- Asia: 184.108.40.206
- Australia and Oceania: 220.127.116.11
- Other: 18.104.22.168
Part 3. Final Words
There is no need to worry if your iPad is locked by the activation lock as 4 methods are listed at length in this article. In order to bypass iPad Locked To Owner, you are recommended entering the previous screen passcode, removing iPad from your previous Apple account, downloading Joyoshare Activation Unlocker, and changing DNS. With the least requirements and highest success rate among these methods, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker stands out to help you unlock the activation lock on iPad. If you have other questions about iPad activation lock, please leave your comment below.