Inevitably, sometimes you really need to schedule a good time in advance to record anything that happens on your screen. It may be that you can't stay in front of the computer at that time, or you are afraid that you will suddenly forget it due to other things. Regardless of the purpose, it is necessary to choose a tool that's capable of timing recording screen. Which one is it? Now, please refer to these items we have collected for you and schedule recording whatever you want effortlessly.
- Part 1. Joyoshare Screen Recorder
- Part 2. Bandicam
- Part 3. Camtasia
- Part 4. Icecream Screen Recorder
#1 How to Schedule Recording - Joyoshare Screen Recorder
Joyoshare Screen Recorder is a qualified tool to schedule screen recordings on PC and Mac. With advanced capturing technology, it's able to record not only videos on screen, but also audios from computer system and microphone. It does not set any recording time limit and watermark, so you can assign your recording schedule without any worries. Also, make the most of its options to generate a recorded file as you wish.
- Record screen video with audio within the specified time
- With ability to capture video chats, online meetings, class lectures, etc.
- Customize capture area, output format, shortcuts and watermark
- Show cursor and clicks during the recording process
- Support cutting and skipping any ongoing screen content
- Record screen no lag, no time limit, no watermark and in high quality
Step 1 Open Joyoshare Screen Recorder
Firstly, download Joyoshare Screen Recorder program installation package officially and run it on your desktop screen. You'd make sure which mode to choose. To capture a screen activity, just designate "Record video and audio" mode by pressing the button next to "REC".
Step 2 Create a scheduled screen recording task
Click the "Options" button in the lower right corner to expand all function modules. Then go to "Record time options" section to set a recording task. You can tick either "Start and end on schedule" or "Start manually and end after". Now, specify both start time and stop time to finish scheduling recording. Note to check and confirm capture area, system audio, microphone audio, format, shortcuts, cursor and more.
Step 3 Start recording screen as scheduled
Remember to keep your computer on and start this program. When it comes to your scheduled start time, Joyoshare Screen Recorder will automatically record the screen activity based on the area you have selected in advance. It will also end at the stop time you set and save the recording file directly.
Step 4 Check and edit scheduled screen recordings
When the scheduled screen recording task is completed, you can check whether it meets your requirements in the "History" folder. It's available for you to preview the video and audio, rename, trim and manage ID3 tags.
#2 How to Schedule Screen Recording - Bandicam
Bandicam is a competitive program that offers ability to record kinds of activities on screen, capture external video devices, and grab 2D/3D games in up to 480 fps. It lets you mix your voice and system sound at the same time, show mouse movements, draw videos in real-time and add webcam overlay. To schedule recording, it allows one-time, daily and weekly task preset.
- Record screen over 24 hours without stopping
- Capture high-quality, even 4K Ultra HD videos
- With flexible options to schedule screen recording
- Lack of editing functions
- Step 1: Run Bandicam on your computer and click "Scheduled Recording" icon in the top menu bar;
- Step 2: Press the "Add" button in the pop-up window to create new screen schedule to the list;
- Step 3: Now, name the recording, confirm "scheduling one time, daily or weekly", set start time, end time, etc. and hit "OK";
- Step 4: When the scheduled time arrives, Bandicam will start to record your screen.
#3 How to Create Recording Schedule - Camtasia
Camtasia is a relatively advanced tool to record and edit videos. It comes with abundant features to refine your media file, such as annotations, transitions, animations, visual effects, etc. To your delight, its one-stop service makes it possible to record screen videos and audios in the way you like and output to desired configuration.
- Record screen video with or without audio feasibly
- With diverse options to edit and create home-made videos
- Save recorded files to preset device or social platform
- Too complicated to operate for new beginners
- Step 1: Install Camtasia and create a new file with "Notepad";
- Step 2: Copy and paste "C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 9\CamRecorder.exe" /record to the document and save it with the title "record.bat.".
- Step 3: Similarly create another document and insert "C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Camtasia 9\CamRecorder.exe" /stop. Then save its title as "stop.bat".
- Step 4: Press "Win + R" on keyboard > type "control panel" in the pop-up Run windows > System and Security > Administrative Tools;
- Step 5: Now click and access Task Scheduler > Action > Create Task > General. Name your recording task file and choose Triggers > New. Then set a start time to schedule your task under Settings. Select Actions > New > Browse to open the created record.bat. file.
- Step 6: Repeat to set your end time for stop.bat. file. Afterward, click on OK to finish setting your task.
#4 How to Schedule Screen Recording - Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder can be taken into your consideration as a good option. It works to record types of things on your screen, like video tutorials, gameplay, streaming videos, etc. Importantly, it's able to capture screen with both audio and webcam. With a task scheduler, you're allowed to create multiple screen recording assignments.
- Record screen, audio, webcam, webinars, games and more
- Trim recordings, speed up videos, highlight hotkeys, etc.
- Support clearing all screen schedules at once
- The free trial version allows only 5-minute recording
- Step 1: Launch Icecream Screen Recorder and tap on the "Tasks" button;
- Step 2: Find and click the "+" option at the upper right corner to create new tasks;
- Step 3: Type in definite start and stop time and confirm other settings to "Save";
- Step 4: The screen recording will begin as you set and you can later manage files on the "Tasks".
Undeniably, scheduling recording tasks ahead of time can bring great convenience to our daily lives. If you happen to have this need, you might as well learn the above four methods that this article introduces for you. If there is another simple way to operate, you are also welcome to share with us. Anyway, don't miss your important thing that you'd like to record.