If you need to record a WAV file on Mac, you will need quality tools for executing the task. Using quality recording tools will help you achieve the recording goals you might have with ease. To record the WAV file, you can either use Mac's inbuilt QuickTime Player or use third-party recording software for Mac. If you own a Mac computer and don't know how to record audio files on Mac, you don't have to worry. Learn 5 ways to do that in the guide below.
- Part 1. Joyoshare VidiKit
- Part 2. QuickTime Player
- Part 3. Leawo Music Recorder
- Part 4. Garageband
- Part 5. EaseUS RecExperts
Part 1. How to Record a WAV File on Mac - Joyoshare VidiKit
With Joyoshare VidiKit - Screen Recorder, you can get a professional recording, as it provides multiple functions for you to enhance your final video. You can schedule your recording task if you want to protect your valuable time. Plus, ID3 tag editing is also available for you. You have the freedom to use shortcuts during recording, facilitating your recording process.
Step 1Run Joyoshare VidiKit
Tap the Joyoshare VidiKit on your Mac device to launch it after installation. Hit Record - Screen Recorder to activate its features. Switch to Record audio mode.
Step 2Check Settings
Tap the '+' button on the left side of the Joyoshare interface in 'Capture Area' panel. Adjust the screen area you would like to record in the pop-up window that appears. You can press the triangle button next to the rectangle sign to select the standard recording area from the drop-down list. If you want to record your WAV file alongside a video, you need to turn on the system audio and the microphone using their respective icons. You also need to select your format (WAV) under the basic record options. You can also customize settings like watermark, scheduled recording time, and cursor display, among others, as illustrated below.
Step 3Record WAV Files on Mac and Save Recordings
Open your WAV file and tap the 'REC' button on the top right of the interface to start recording. You can use the pause button to avoid the unwanted bits of the file being recorded. Joyoshare VidiKit will save your recorded files under the History. You can access them there and edit them to meet your preferences.
Part 2. How to Record a WAV File on Mac - QuickTime Player
The built-in QuickTime Player for Mac features a simple user interface to let you record quick voice notes, conversations, sound effects with ease. It then saves the recorded files as lightweight M4A files. That said, you should convert the recorded M4A files into WAV format after recording.
- Step 1: Tap QuickTime player on your Mac to open it.
- Step 2: Click on the 'New Audio Recording' option under the 'File' menu.
- Step 3: Hit the start button (red button) to record audio from the inbuilt microphone.
- Step 4: Click the same button to stop recording when done.
- Step 5: Save the recorded M4A file under the File section.
Note: you will need to convert the recorded M4A files into WAV files using the inbuilt application. The following four steps will help you convert your recorded M4A files into WAV files without affecting the sound quality.
- Step 1: Open the music app on your Mac, go to Preferences, and then Files.
- Step 2: Tap the Import option.
- Step 3: Pick the format you wish to convert your recordings into and click OK to save the new settings.
- Step 4: Select the song you want to convert, then click File - Convert - Create.
Part 3. Record a WAV File on Mac - Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo Music Recorder is a paid recording app for Mac. It can allow you to record files in different formats, including WAV, FLAC, and MP3, among others. It can also work with various audio like computer audio, microphone audio, and online audio. To use Leawo Music Recorder for recording, you need to download and install the software on your Mac. Note, the software is compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and later. Follow the instructions below after installing the recording software.
- Step 1: Tap the microphone icon and select Audio Source in the pop-up dialog box. Here, you can either select 'Record Audio Input' or 'Record Computer Audio' as indicated below.
- Step 2: Choose the format for your output. On Leawo Music Recorder, select Preferences - Format. Choose your preferred format from the available options.
- Step 3: Select your output directory. To do so, go to Preferences, then general to pick your output directory.
- Step 4: Record the WAV file on Mac. on the main interface, press the start button to record the WAV file on Mac.
- Step 5: Go to the Library and then All Recordings. Right-click on your recorded WAV files and choose edit tags. This will allow you to edit the artist, title, date, etc.
Part 4. How to Record WAV Files on Mac - Garageband
Garageband is an all-around WAV recorder for Mac with various sounds like guitar, distortion, piano, reverb, and echo, among others. Apart from recording WAV, the software can support other music formats like AIFF and MIDI. Moreover, Garageband can export audio to AIFF, MP4, and MP3. This software is available online for free download. But, you will have to pay a service fee of $ 4.99 for every instrument or sound effect you decide to use.
- Step 1: Install and launch Garageband in your Mac.
- Step 2: Choose a sound effect from the various options on the user interface.
- Step 3: Select the microphone you would like to use. To do so, click Garageband - Preferences - Menu to change the microphone.
- Step 4: Select the track you would like to record and the recording voice you wish to use.
- Step 5: Press the recording button (red button) to start recording.
- Step 6: Locate the recorded WAV file in the Library to play it.
Part 5. Record a WAV File on Mac - EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts for Mac is an excellent tool for capturing WAV files on your Mac device. This software can help you record YouTube audio, internet radio, streaming video, and sound from external devices. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to record WAV on Mac.
- Step 1: Launch the EaseUS RecExperts for Mac on your device and choose Audio on the main interface.
- Step 2: Hit the microphone icon to choose the audio option you want to record.
- Step 3: Tap the Record button to start recording.
- Step 4: Press the circle with a red square button to stop recording.
- Step 5: This will save the file in the form of an M4A file. You can select the file in the Library and right-click it to convert it to a WAV file.
The above are five ways to record a WAV file on Mac. Before investing in them, you need to research the quality of their WAV files to avoid regrets. If you are worried about which app to use on your device, we suggest Joyoshare VidiKit. In addition to recording the uncompressed audio format, this program will allow you to capture an on-screen video of any activity on your phone. Its pricing is $19.95 and comes with a free trial version. So you would only subscribe for the service after testing the effectiveness of this recording software.