Q:"How do I screen record on a Dell laptop?" - From Quora
Like the user from above-mentioned forum, are you wondering how to screen record on Dell laptop? This is actually pretty common. Sometimes, you need to record a series of operations on your computer for sharing or saving, such as your wonderful gameplay performance, online conference, video chat, how-to tutorial, etc. Stop worrying about it. In this article, we'll show 5 best solutions to effortlessly record screen activities on your Dell.
- Quick Guide to Screen Record on Windows 10
- Part 1. Joyoshare VidiKit [Hot]
- Part 2. Windows 10 Game Bar
- Part 3. VLC
- Part 4. OBS Studio
- Part 5. EaseUS RecExperts
Quick Guide to Screen Record on Windows 10
The best and easiest way to record screen on Widows 10 is using Game Bar - a built-in screen recording tool in your Windows 10 operating system. This recording tool does not have advanced features to escalate your recordings. You should configure the settings in Game Bar in advance if you want to use this solution. To get more information about using Game Bar, scroll down to part 2.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + G at the same time to activate this tool.
- Step 2: Choose "Yes, this is a game" button in the pop-up window.
- Step 3: Hit the Start Record sign to begin the recording process.
- Step 4: To stop recording, click Stop Record option.
Part 1. How to Screen Record on a Dell Laptop - Joyoshare VidiKit
Joyoshare VidiKit - Screen Recorder is a qualified and excellent laptop screen recorder for Dell here. As a magical video editor, it can professionally record high-quality desktop screen on Windows and Mac. Anyone who wants to capture audio can also apply it to get desired sound from Dell computer system and microphone. Other than that, there are different available recording functions to let you embed watermark, schedule task, take snapshots, trim, highlight cursor, show clicks, etc. Also, it allows you to change parameters like codec, quality, sample rate, bitrate and more to enhance your video.
- Record video on Windows 10 and Mac in high resolution
- Allow to change codec, frame rate, sample rate and more
- Support grabbing audio from different sound sources
- Record screen with no lag and no time limit
- Option to customize area, schedule, watermark, trim, etc.
Step 1 Open screen recorder in Joyoshare VidiKit
Download and install a compatible version of Joyoshare VidiKit on your Dell laptop. Simply get it run by clicking Record - Screen Recorder. You'll be in "Record video and audio" mode by default.
Step 2 Confirm recording preference
To screen record on your Dell laptop with audio at the same time, you should turn on "System Audio" and Microphone based on your actual needs. Just decide whether to enable these sound sources and adjust the according volume. Next, you can go further to click on the gear "Options" icon to check output format, shortcuts, watermark, recording time, cursor settings and more.
Step 3 Customize capture area
Afterward, you can designate a region on your Dell laptop to record from. Just go to "Capture Area" in Joyoshare VidiKit and click the "+" icon to zoom in/out using the adjustable window. Or you can press on the drop-down menu to select whichever systematic ratio you like directly. If you want. it's possible to customize an area by offering definite width and height.
Step 4 Start to screen record on Dell laptop
Prepare what you'd like to record on your Dell laptop in advance. Then hit the blue "REC" option to initiate a recording. You're allowed to move and adjust the capture area within the provided 3-second countdown. During the process to record Dell screen, you're able to cut video, take screenshots or pause to skip unimportant content.
Step 5 Save and manage recorded videos
Finish your recording by clicking on the "Stop" option in the toolbar. Then you can see the completed video(s) in the pop-up History window. Joyoshare VidiKit allows you to preview, rename, trim and check it locally.
Part 2. How to Record on Dell Laptop - Game Bar
Pre-installed in Windows 10, Game Bar is always regarded as a top priority to create recording assignments, especially for games. It can work on your Dell laptop to easily record most applications and windows in high quality, and capture full screen or specific window. If you're looking for a quick way to record for your Dell, this tool is definitely feasible.
- Step 1: Open a designated application on your Dell, hit Windows + G keys on the keyboard, and tick "Yes, this is a game" in the pop-up window to active Game Bar. You can also navigate to Start menu - Settings - Gaming - Xbox Game Bar to activate this tool.
- Step 2: Now press the red "Start Record" button to begin Dell laptop recording after configuring all settings like shortcuts, recording time, audio recording, fps, quality and more.
- Step 3: You can press the record button again or use shortcut "Windows + Alt + R" to stop recording;
- Step 4: Your videos will be saved locally as MP4 files in your user folder under Video - Captures.
Part 3. How to Record Screen on Dell Laptop with VLC
As a feature-rich media player and screen recorder, VLC is sought-after and has a strong user base. You can make the full use of this cross-platform open source for your Dell laptop since it makes recording a quite simple thing. Don't miss the guide below if you want to capture screen for free without hassle.
- Step 1: Run VLC on your Dell laptop and go to Media - Convert / Save option;
- Step 2: Head to Capture Device tab and choose "Desktop" as your Capture mode;
- Step 3: Then set your desired frame rate for the capture (usually 10.00f/s is enough) and press on Convert / Save at the bottom;
- Step 4: Next, go for "Browse" to select output destination folder and name the file - Save the settings;
- Step 5: Now click on "Start" button and your Dell laptop screen will be captured;
- Step 6: Complete your recording by tapping on the "Stop Playback" button on the bottom left-hand corner.
Part 4. Screen Record Dell Laptop with OBS Studio
OBS Studio, also named OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free open source available for Windows, Mac and Linux for screen recording and live streaming. By means of it, group of sources can be supported, such as images, window captures, webcams, text, browser windows, capture cards , audios, live and recorded videos and more. Also, the Multiview function this powerful dell laptop screen recorder offers can enable you to monitor 8 different scenes handily. You can even mix audios, add transitions, adjust resolution/FPS and so forth in the way you like.
- Step 1: Run your downloaded OBS Studio on Dell laptop;
- Step 2: This program will add a "Scene" automatically for you, or you can manually click the "+" button to create one;
- Step 3: Head to "+" under "Sources", click and select "Display Capture" to create a new one;
- Step 4: Click on Settings on OBS main interface and confirm your "Output" options;
- Step 5: Now you can click on Start Recording on OBS and operate on Dell laptop easily.
Part 5. How to Record Screen on Dell Laptop - EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is another Dell screen recorder you can take into consideration. It comes with abundant options to help record screen, webcam, audio and gameplay. Furthermore, it functions well to trim video, add arrows, texts, lines, create scheduled task, embed watermark and more. With intuitive interface and concise layout, you can independently operate it.
- Step 1: Equip your Dell laptop with EaseUS RecExperts, open it and press "Record Screen" option;
- Step 2: Click and select a recording region in the dropdown list under the "Custom" section;
- Step 3: Now move to "Microphone" and confirm which sound source you'd like to capture;
- Step 4: You can possibly enable "Webcam" and hit the red "REC" to begin screen recording on Dell laptop;
- Step 5: End up your recording and save the videos to "Video List". You can then right-click it to preview, edit, compress, share, rename, etc.
FAQs about How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop
Q1: Does Dell Laptop Have Screen Recording?
A: Yes. Game Bar is a built-in recording tool in Dell laptop. The OS in Dell laptop is Windows by default, which means Game Bar can help you solve the problem of how to record video on Dell laptop on Windows 10/8/7.
Q2: How to Screenshot on Dell Laptop?
A: To take an entire screenshot on Dell Laptop, you can press the Windows key + PrtSc key at the same time. Tap Alt + PrtSc if you want to capture a specific active window.
Q3: How to Screen Record on Dell Laptop with Audio?
A: The above-mentioned recording tools can help you record screen with audio. All you need to do is choose appropriate mode, designate an area on your screen, set your sound source(s) correctly, and adjust the volume.
Q4: How to Zoom in on Dell Laptop?
A: To zoom in on Dell laptop, hold Ctrl and + (plus sign) on the keyboard at the same time. You can also hold Ctrl and - (minus sign) keys to zoom out on Dell laptop.
Want a quick look at the above-mentioned tools? We now share some key factors that you likely consider when make a decision. Sure, this is only a preliminary understanding, whether it's appropriate for you also needs to be combined with the comprehensive practical operation.
|Program||Compatibility||Price||Area Selection||Editing Tool||Recording Mic||Task Schedule|
|Joyoshare VidiKit||Windows and Mac||$19.95||√||√||√||√|
|VLC||Windows, Mac and Linux||Free||×||×||√||×|
|OBS||Windows, Mac and Linux||Free||√||√||√||√|
|EaseUS RecExperts||Windows and Mac||$19.95||√||√||√||√|
The 5 introduced solutions in this article can easily guide you on how to screen record on Dell laptop. If you prefer the built-in tool without addition installation, Windows 10 Game Bar is suitable. If you consider budget most, then try VLC and OBS. Nevertheless, if you pursue quality yet professional recording process without any lag, Joyoshare VidiKit can satisfy your need. It even offers more amazing features to better edit and enhance your recorded videos on Dell laptop.