If you are an iPhone user and have upgraded to iOS 15 or iOS Beta, you must have experienced an orange dot on iPhone screen. You should keep in mind that this dot is not related to your phone's battery life. Plus, it is also not related to the phone's temperature. Specifically, this orange dot on your screen is like a warning sign whenever using a camera or microphone. This article explains the reasons behind this happening and provides the best methods that can be used to get rid of the orange dot on your iPhone screen. In other words, getting rid of the orange dot is not so difficult as you just need to follow some simple steps.
- Reason for Orange Dot on the iPhone Screen
- Way 1: Turn on Differentiate Without Color
- Way 2: Reveal the App
- Way 3: Use iOS System Recovery
- Way 4: Force Restart iPhone
- Way 5: Update the iOS System
- Way 6: Factory Reset iPhone
- Way 7: Restore iPhone via iTunes
Reason behind Orange Dot on the iPhone Screen
When you see an orange dot on the iPhone screen, you must start thinking, why is there an orange dot on my iPhone screen. You might get help from Apple Support or follow some easy methods to get rid of it. The reason behind this orange dot is that it appears when you are using the microphone on your iPhone. For example, when you use the microphone for recording something using Voice Memo app, the orange dot appears on your screen. Similarly, when using the Siri function, this orange dot appears. Moreover, when you use your iPhone for making phone calls, the orange dot appears on your iPhone screen.
Way 1: Turn on Differentiate Without Color
Remember that you cannot disable the dot function because it is part of an Apple privacy feature. But it allows you to change the way of the appearance of this orange dot. You can undergo this process by following these steps.
- Step 1: Tap the Settings icon present on your home screen.
- Step 2: Select Accessibility from the available options and then tap Display & Text Size.
- Step 3: Find Differentiate Without Color setting and press the slider to its right side.
Way 2: Swipe down from the Top to Reveal the App
The main reason behind the existence of this orange dot is to let you know which apps are using your microphone. But how can you see which are those apps? Follow these steps to check those apps and allow those apps to use the microphone you want.
- Step 1: Swipe down from the top to reveal the apps using the microscope when the orange dot appears on your screen.
- Step 2: See the name of the app being displayed in the middle at the top of the screen.
Way 3: Use Joyoshare UltFix to Fix Orange Dot on iPhone Screen
The people experiencing an orange dot on iPhone screen for the first time are concerned to know what is orange dot on iPhone screen and how to get rid of it. Here is the solution to this question. Joyoshare UltFix is considered the best method to solve this issue as it is compatible with all your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod and many more. It also protects your data from getting lost if you choose standard mode to repair your iPhone with orange dot. Follow these steps to repair your iOS system by using Joyoshare UltFix.
- Support latest iOS 15 and more devices
- Solve 150+ errors on your iPhone with high success rate
- Work well on Mac OS and Windows OS
- With user-friendly interface and easy to operate
- Fix iPhone yellow screen, green screen, red screen within few clicks
Step 1 Connect iPhone to the computer
Launch the Joyoshare UltFix iOS Repair tool and plug your device with a computer using a USB cable. Click on the Enter Recovery Mode button and select Start option.
Step 2 Choose a repair mode
Select Standard Mode option based on your need and click on the Next button to recover your iPhone without data loss. Please make sure that your device is full of power.
Step 3 Download the firmware package
Confirm all your iOS device information on computer screen carefully to check whether it is correct or not, and click Download to start downloading the firmware package.
Step 4 Repair orange dot on iPhone screen
Click on the Repair button and start repairing the iOS system. Your iOS system will be updated, and you can get rid of the orange dot if there are some changes made in the features of the iPhone by Apple company.
Way 4: Force Restart iPhone
You can see an orange dot on the iPhone screen when on a call because it shows that your microphone is being used. You can get rid of this orange dot by the force restart iPhone method. Follow these steps to force restart your iPhone if your device is iPhone 8 or older version.
- Step 1: Press the Volume Up button for a while and release it.
- Step 2: Tap the Volume Down button and release it after five seconds.
- Step 3: Press the Power button for a while and hold it till the Apple logo appears. Your phone will be restarted automatically.
Way 5: Update the iOS System
When you notice an orange dot on your iPhone, you will surely start thinking about how to get rid of orange dot on iPhone screen. Here is the answer to this question; you can get rid of it by updating the iOS system. Follow these steps to undergo this process.
- Step 1: Press Settings and select General.
- Step 2: Tap on Software Update and turn on Automatic Updates. The iOS system will automatically start updating if any update is available.
Way 6: Factory Reset the iPhone
When you notice an orange dot on iPhone screen, you can get rid of it by the factory reset method. Follow these steps to factory reset your iPhone.
- Step 1: Save the backup of your data and open Settings. Select General from the available options.
- Step 2: Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step 3: Enter your Passcode and select Erase to confirm. Your device will restart as new.
Way 7: Restore iPhone via iTunes
You can get rid of the orange dot on your iPhone screen by restoring your device via iTunes. Follow these steps to undergo this method.
- Step 1: Launch iTunes on your computer, connect iPhone to your computer and put it into recovery mode.
- Step 2: Press your device in iTunes that appears on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Click the Restore iPhone button. Your iOS device will restart when the restore process is completed. Disconnect the device when the restart process is completed.
When you notice an orange dot on iPhone screen, you should not get worried. This dot indicates that your device's application is using a microphone. You can get rid of this issue by following different methods. You do not need to visit any technician or IT specialist to solve this issue as it can be solved in just a few minutes.