The iPhone stuck on the update requested screen issue has been reported numerous times by users. If the update process on your iPhone has been stuck at the same spot, there can be multiple reasons for it to occur. The cause of the problem can either be software, hardware-related, or even a jailbreak issue. A deficit in the internal storage of your iPhone can be a potential cause, as the iOS update will not have sufficient space to accommodate itself. Unstable Wi-Fi connection, corrupted data or apps, or improper installation of firmware are also a few reasons due to which your iPhone is stuck on update requested. Unless there is a serious hardware issue with your iPhone, you can easily get rid of the iPhone update stuck on update requested screen issue using the following methods.
- Method 1: Ensure Stable Wi-Fi Connection
- Method 2: Reboot Your iPhone
- Method 3: Update iPhone via iTunes
- Method 4: Use Joyoshare UltFix
- Method 5: Perform a Network Settings Reset
- Method 6: Put Phone in DFU Mode
- Method 7: Remove the Software Update
- Wrapping up
Method 1: Ensure Stable Wi-Fi Connection
The first thing is to make sure that your phone is connected to a stable and working Wi-Fi network. To check Wi-Fi connection, follow the steps given below.
• Go to Settings on your iPhone;
• Tap on Wi-Fi and see if it is connected to a working network;
Method 2: Reboot Your iPhone
Rebooting your iPhone can help you get rid of the iPhone update stuck on requested issue. Here are the steps to do that.
For iPhone X or later:
• Press and hold the side button and the Volume Up or Down button at the same time;
• Drag the slider to power off your iPhone;
• Press and hold the Side button to reboot your phone.
For iPhone 8 or Earlier:
• Press and hold on the Side or Top button on your iPhone;
• On the screen, drag the slider to turn off your phone;
• Hold down the Side/Top button again to restart your phone.
Method 3: Update iPhone via iTunes
You can use iTunes or Finder to update your iOS by following the steps mentioned below.
• Using a cable, connect your iPhone to your computer, and launch iTunes on it;
• Select the Check for Updates option to check if any update is available for your iOS.
Method 4: Use Joyoshare UltFix
You can use the Joyoshare UltFix when an iPhone update stuck on update requested issue occurs, which is inarguably the best method for the fix. It is a professional iOS recovery program that is capable of resolving multiple problems related to your iOS, that too, without data loss. You only need a single click to enter or exit the recovery mode and can solve the phone-related issue in simple steps.
The Joyoshare UltFix can repair more than 30 iOS related issues without data loss, including iPhone WiFi greyed out, stuck on Apple logo, frozen screen, etc. It is compatible with all iOS devices and offers in-depth repair with its dual repairing mode. The program features a high recovery rate with a secure database.
Here is how you can easily get rid of the problem using Joyoshare UltFix.
Step 1 Launch UltFix and connect iPhone to your computer
Connect your iPhone to your computer. Download and launch the Joyoshare UltFix iOS repair tool and click on the Start button.
Step 2 Select a repair mode
Now, select a repair mode; either Standard Mode with no data loss used for solving common problems or Advanced Mode that erases all data but solves complex issues. In this case, you can choose the Standard Mode.
Step 3 Download the firmware package
Click on Next and confirm the details about your iPhone. The, click on the Download button to let the program download the firmware package.
Step 4 Start to repair
Finally, click on the Repair button and wait for the program to do its magic.
Method 5: Perform a Network Settings Reset
To reset your network settings, follow the given steps.
• Go to Settings on your iPhone and navigate to General;
• From there, click on Reset and then select the option Reset Network Settings. You might be asked to type in your passcode to proceed;
• Now reconnect to Wi-Fi and re-install the updates.
Method 6: Put Phone in DFU Mode
If your iPhone is stuck on update requested, you can perform a DFU restore to get rid of the issue. Doing so will erase all the data on your phone and update it to the latest iOS. Thus, having a backup is recommended. If you have Mac OS Catalina or Later Mac OS, you can use Finder on Mac. But Windows, Mac OS Mojave, and older need iTunes for DFU to restore.
# Launch iTunes/Finder on your computer and connect your iPhone;
# Unlock your iPhone to gain access, and confirm the Trust connection with the computer;
For iPhone 8/8 Plus, X, or later:
• Press and release the Volume Up and Down button simultaneously and quickly;
• Now press and hold the Side/Power button and wait until you see a black screen;
• Then press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds. Your iPhone will now be in Recovery mode.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
• Press and hold the Volume Down button with the Side/Power button;
• After 10 seconds, release the Side/Power button but continue pressing the Volume Down button until your screen goes black;
• iTunes will notify that an iPhone has been detected in recovery mode. Release the Volume button and use the Restore option to install the latest iOS.
For iPhone 6/6S Models:
• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button together with the Home button;
• After 10 seconds, release only the Sleep button, but hold on to the Home button until your screen goes black and a message pops up on iTunes;
• When iTunes will detect an iPhone in Recovery mode, release the Home button.
# Now click on Restore iPhone, select the Download ipsw file, and wait for the restoration process to complete.
Method 7: Remove the Software Update
If the iOS update is already downloaded but not installed, you have to delete the downloaded update from your iPhone and re-download it. To do that:
• Launch Settings on your iPhone and tap on General;
• In General, tap on iPhone Storage and go to iOS 14;
• Next, click on Delete Update and install it again to fix your problem.
It can be quite frustrating to see your iPhone stuck on update requested, but fortunately for you, there are feasible ways to get past the problem. After going through all of the above-mentioned methods, you should be getting the fix to your problem somewhere along the way. We definitely recommend trying the Joyoshare UltFix tool for your iOS system recovery, as it will provide exceptional results successfully. In the rare chance that none of the above-mentioned methods work, then it is evident that your iPhone is facing a hardware issue. You can take it to the Apple outlet to get a thorough check-up on your iPhone.