Do Not Disturb mode is a unique feature in iOS devices that prevents you from being disturbed. By enabling this feature, you can enjoy your life without having to worry about calls, texts, or alarm alerts. Moreover, it helps you stop your cell phone from ringing suddenly when you're attending a meeting. Unfortunately, many iPhone users have complained that they're struggling with the "iPhone stuck on Do Not Disturb" issue after installing the new iOS version. It can be pretty frustrating as no one wants to face this chaos. Luckily, you can solve the problem after reading this article as we're going to reveal the best solutions to fix your issue.
- Part 1. Why Is My iPhone Stuck on Do Not Disturb?
- Part 2. 9 Fixes to iPhone Stuck on Do Not Disturb Mode
- Part 3. FAQs about Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- Part 4. Conclusion
Part 1. Why Is My iPhone Stuck on Do Not Disturb?
iPhone stuck on Do Not Disturb mode is a common issue, and several factors could cause this chaos. Here's the list of the most prominent reasons behind this issue.
- A software bug or glitch can create this issue.
- You may have forgotten to disable the Do Not Disturb mode.
- If you don't install the latest iOS version, it might be the reason behind the issue you're facing.
- You might have enabled the restrictions on your iPhone when driving a car.
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Do Not Disturb
Fix 1. Disable Do Not Disturb
If your iPhone gets stuck on Do Not Disturb mode, the first thing you need to do is check whether you've enabled this feature. If you've accidentally turned it on, then it might be the reason behind the challenge you're dealing with. You can follow the guide below to ensure the "Do Not Disturb" mode is switched off.
- Step 1: First, open iPhone Settings and tap on the Focus option.
- Step 2: Later, find the Do Not Disturb option, press it and make sure to toggle it off from there.
Fix 2. Disable Sleep Mode
To reduce possible interruptions, Sleep Mode on your iPhone will simplify your lock screen, dim down the screen, and automatically turn on "Do Not Disturb". Thus, you can shut off Sleep Mode to fix iPhone stuck issue.
- Step 1: Head to Health app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on "Browse" and then choose "Sleep".
- Step 3: Scroll down to find and tap "Options".
- Step 4: Now toggle off "Turn On Automatically" under Sleep Mode.
Fix 3. Restart iPhone
The next thing you can do to fix the issue you're facing is restart your iPhone. It is a tested method used to eliminate many iPhone issues with minimal effort. Your device may carry some conflicts and bugs behind iPhone stuck on Do Not Disturb error. You can restart your device by following the guide below.
- iPhone X and Later: Press and hold your iPhone Power and Volume button to see the power off slider. After seeing the slider, you'll need to drag it to the right side and turn the device off. Later, you'll need to press your iPhone's power button to turn your device on again.
- Other Models: Press and hold the iPhone's power button until the power off slider appears. Later, you'll need to push the slider to the right to switch your device off. Next, you can press the Power button again to turn your device on.
Fix 4. Adjust Do Not Disturb
Another appropriate thing you can do to get out of the trouble you're facing is to disable "While iPhone is Locked" or "Always" option. This thing does activate the Do Not Disturb feature.
- Step 1: Navigate to iPhone settings and hit the General option.
- Step 2: After reaching to "Do Not Disturb" option, you'll need to turn the "Always" option off.
Fix 5. Close Do Not Disturb While Driving
It's possible that your iPhone gets stuck on Do Not Disturb mode due to some restrictions, like "Do Not Disturb While Driving", which limits your normal device use. Simply select the Focus option after launching iPhone Settings. Head to the "Driving" option and hit While Driving option. After pressing it, you should hit the Manually option.
Fix 6. Reset All Settings
Resetting all your iPhone settings can help you exit Do Not Disturb mode. It refreshes your iPhone by restoring your setting, and as a result, you can help yourself fix many iPhone issues. Luckily, you won't lose any data by resetting your iPhone settings. However, all your iPhone settings will be erased. Here's the quick guide to reset iPhone settings.
- Step 1: After opening the iPhone settings, you'll need to tap on the "General" option.
- Step 2: Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone → Reset → Reset All Settings option.
Fix 7. Restore iPhone via iTunes
iTunes can be utilized to restore your iPhone to factory settings. It sets your device as a new one , erases all content and settings, including Do Not Disturb. Here you can do it on your own.
- Step 1: Open iTunes and connect iPhone to computer.
- Step 2: Now, iTunes will automatically detect your iPhone, and you can click on your device sign.
- Step 3: Click on "Summary" and then "Restore iPhone..." option to factory reset your device.
Fix 8. Update iPhone
Sometimes, potentical issues hidden on your iPhone can be fixed when the new update comes. If your device is running an old iOS version and there is an available update for you to check. You can do as follows:
- Step 1: Enter into General settings option on iPhone.
- Step 2: Hit the "Software Update" option to install a new iOS version.
Fix 9. Use Joyoshare iOS System Recovery
You can surely fix stuck on Do Not Disturb mode using a third-party tool, Joyoshare UltFix. This unbelievable software allows you to get rid of more than 150 problems with minimal effort. With an intuitive and simple interface, it is able to finish the repair process using few clicks. Best of all, there is no data loss and you can well safeguard all models of your iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- Help you to get rid of 150+ iOS issues with minimal effort
- Enter or exit into recovery mode with one click for free
- Support all iOS devices, including iOS 17
- Repair most of common iOS problems with no data loss
- Fix iPhone stuck on Press home to update, recovery/DFU mode, etc.
- Upgrade and downgrade iOS without developer account
Step 1 Connect iPhone to the computer
Pre-install iTunes, get Joyoshare UltFix iOS system recovery launched on your computer and connect iPhone. Click on "iOS System Repair" for selection and then hit "Start" to go on.
Step 2 Choose Standard Repair
You'll need to select Standard Repair mode if you want to troubleshoot your iPhone with no data loss. If this program prompts that your device is not detected, note to put it into recovery or DFU mode and then continue by clicking on the blue right arrow at the bottom.
Step 3 Download Firmware Package
After selecting the matching firmware package and confirming the information about your iPhone on the interface, you'll need to click the "Download" button.
Step 4 Repair iPhone Stuck on Do Not Disturb
Click the "Repair" button option, and the process of repairing your device will start. After a few minutes, the repair process will finish, and you'll be able to get rid of the issue.
Part 3. FAQs about Do Not Disturb on iPhone
Q1. How to Turn off Do Not Disturb on iPhone?
A: If you don't want to use Do Not Disturb mode anymore, you can turn it off. After navigating to iOS device Settings, tap the General icon. Now, you'll need to move to the "Do Not Disturb" option and then toggle it off from there.
Q2. Why Does My iPhone Show a Half Moon?
A: This half-moon icon on your iPhone actually is related with Focus. This feature was introduced to silence notification, indeed a new version of "Do Not Disturb", and it has additional ability to customize calls & notifications. Similarly, to disable this half-moon icon, go to Settings or Control Center now.
Q3. How to Bypass Do Not Disturb on iPhone?
A: You can allow your favorite person to call you still despite you've enabled Do Not Disturb mode. Open your contacts and hit the "Edit" icon from there. Tap Text Tone or Ringtone. Now, you'll need to enable the Emergency Bypass. You can get your job done by hitting "Done".
Part 4. Conclusion
If you're facing iPhone stuck on Do Not Disturb mode issue, you can read this guide as you'll find reliable methods to fix your issue. All the issues we've discussed are fairly helpful and can get your job done effortlessly. However, if you talk about the high percentage of effectiveness, no method can beat Joyoshare UltFix. Besides providing quality services, it empowers you to settle series of matters without causing data loss.