Q: "when trying to record an 8-minute online training video, the video will record but not the audio. It has nothing to do with the length of video as I tried recording several times with smaller videos but no audio got recorded." – From Apple Community
With the built-in screen recording feature on iPhone running on iOS 11 and later versions, recording screen becomes as easy as apple pie now. You can save any favorite YouTube clips, capture gaming consequences, and share interesting videos with your friends within easy reach. However, iPhone users benefit from a new technology followed by rising issues and bugs. Some of them have complained of this kind of issue in Apple Community and feel at a loss on how to fix iPhone screen recording no sound. If you have the same question, this article will help you a lot and free you from trouble by trying solutions one by one.
- Part 1. How Do I Screen Record on iPhone with Sound?
- Part 2. Full Guide to No Sound on iPhone Screen Recording
- Part 3. Final Words
Part 1. How Do I Screen Record on iPhone with Sound?
With the release of iOS 11 versions, screen recording feature is widely popular among iOS users. But you may have trouble finding how to screen record on iPhone with sound. As a matter of fact, it can be operated with ease.
- Step 1: Open control center on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Locate the record icon, which resembles a circle with a dot. Then tap the Microphone icon.
- Step 3: After the gray Microphone icon turns red, tap Start Recording.
Nevertheless, it demonstrates that the no sound issue still exists after Microphone switch is enabled. Application errors, system issues, microphone problems are most likely to be responsible for the annoying trouble. The following methods are carefully selected to troubleshoot it.
Part 2. Full Guide to iPhone Screen Record No Sound
Method 1. Reboot Your iPhone
Consider restarting your iPhone whenever you run into application crash and software glitches. It has been widely promoted and certified by iPhone experts on a variety of technical forums. Errors and bugs involving screen recording can be cleared within this process. It may be the major cause of this issue.
For iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13:
● Press and hold either volume button and the Power button in the meantime. After dragging the slider, press and hold the Power button to activate your iPhone.
For other iPhone models:
● Pressing and holding the Power button twice is sufficient to reboot your iPhone.
Method 2. Upgrade iPhone to the Latest Version
Each newly released iOS version is intended for offering more customizable features, modifying bugs, and fixing errors occurring in the previous versions. At this point, when screen recording on iPhone has no sound, you might as well check whether there is a new iOS update available.
- Step 1: Go to Settings and enter General screen.
- Step 2: If a red icon shows beside Software Update option, tap on it.
- Step 3: Locate Download and Install button.
Method 3. Ask the Help of Professional iOS System Repair
If updating software can't work at all, system errors and bugs might stop screen recording from working properly on your iPhone. Joyoshare UltFix is the most suitable iOS system repair tool for you. It is developed to solve 150+ system issues without data loss. While it is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, it is able to work well on iPhone 13 and iOS 15, regardless of how complicated the problem is. The most attractive point is that dual repair modes are capable of fixing common iOS system problems and dealing with locked iPhone and complicated errors within simple clicks.
- Get your device in and out of recovery mode free of charge with one click
- Offer standard mode and advanced mode to get rid of nearly all troubles
- Intuitive interface makes it effortless to operate it
- You can independently fix various issues within 3 steps
- The whole repairing process only needs a few minutes
Step 1 Download Joyoshare UltFix and Connect iPhone
Download Joyoshare UltFix from the link above. Launch it and then connect your iPhone to your computer. Then click "Start" button.
Step 2 Set Standard Mode
While standard mode is able to repair nearly all iOS system issues without data loss, select "Standard Mode" first. Afterward, manually set recovery mode or DFU mode following the instruction. Enter to the next step when the "Next" icon gets blue.
Step 3 Download the Firmware Package
Make sure the shown device information is correct. Hit on "Download" button to download and verify the machining firmware package. You require a little patience to wait for its completion.
Step 4 Solve No Sound on Screen Recording iPhone
In the end, click the "Repair" button. This tool will unzip the firmware package and repair your iPhone automatically. Generally, your iPhone will get back to normal with the "Done" button displaying on the interface.
Method 4. Reset All Settings
If none of them can take effect, resetting all settings might be workable on this problem. In order to eradicate system errors, you need to erase all settings data, but fortunately, it will keep your files stored on your iPhone intact.
- Step 1: Head over to Settings and choose General tab.
- Step 2: Find Transfer or Reset option and locate Reset All Settings.
- Step 3: You are required to enter passcode to reset settings on your iPhone.
Method 5. Restore Your iPhone
It has proved effective on such a system problem that restoring your iPhone using iTunes. You just need a computer and the newest iTunes version. Nevertheless, as the name implies, it will erase all data and set up your iPhone as a new one. It's more of the last resort to address iPhone issues.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer via an original USB. Locate the device icon.
- Step 2: Choose "Back Up Now" option under Summary tab to avoid data loss.
- Step 3: Afterward, click on "Restore iPhone…". After completing restoring your iPhone, select the "Restore Backup" button.
Part 3. Final Words
If iPhone screen recording no sound still can't be fixed, there are possibly hardware issues on your iPhone. You need to contact Apple Support and describe what you are facing. If necessary, it is better to send your iPhone to Apple store to detect iPhone microphone. We sincerely hope you can enjoy the screen recording feature again with the help of this article. We are always here to provide you with reliable and helpful solutions to get issues repaired. If you have further quires about iPhone screen recording not working, welcome your more comments.