"My iPhone 6 is not updating iOS but when I tried fixing it by restoring it with iTunes, iTunes just couldn't do it and popped out an error notification. Is it possible to restore iPhone 6 without iTunes?" – An anonymous Reddit user.
Does this dilemma sound familiar to you? Have you ever gotten stuck by unusable iTunes when you tried to restore your iPhone? Under such circumstances, everyone naturally asks: How to restore iPhone without iTunes? This problem, though seemed easy to fix, may not be so easy to solve. However, we have researched for you, and here provide you with the best methods to restore iPhone without iTunes.
- Part 1. Scenarios of Restoring iPhone Without iTunes
- Part 2. How to Restore Disabled iPhone Without iTunes to Factory Settings?
- Way 1. Use Joyoshare iOS System Recovery [Clean & Safe 100%]
- Way 2. Phone Settings
- Way 3. Using Finder
- Part 3. Reset VS. Restore iPhone
- Part 4. Summary
Part 1. Scenarios of Restoring iPhone Without iTunes
Normally, most people will restore iPhone from iTunes. But that is not what we need to talk about here. Here we focus on the scenarios where iTunes is not working, and they are listed below:
1) iPhone is disabled or gets stuck in recovery mode: When your iPhone is disabled or stuck in Recovery mode/ DFU mode, it is obvious the recovery mode cannot function normally, which is the prerequisite to restoring from iTunes. And the natural result is that iTunes cannot restore your phone.
2) iTunes errors occur: When you try to restore your iPhone, a notification of iTunes error pops out, informing iTunes fails to restore your iPhone due to this error. In this case, iTunes will not be able to restore your iPhone until you resolve the iTunes errors.
3) You want to restore your iPhone but don't want to hurt the data: It is known that iTunes will erase all your precious personal data while restoring your iPhone, which is certainly undesirable. Therefore, when you just want to fix some trivial problems but still want your data to remain intact, iTunes shouldn't be the tool.
4) You have just got the iPhone and not yet authorized it: A small group of users is so lucky that their iPhone got issues not long after they received their iPhone. This happens so fast that they hardly have the time to authorize the device, and iTunes won't be able to restore this phone.
Part 2. How to Restore Disabled iPhone Without iTunes to Factory Settings?
Way 1. How to Restore iPhone Without iTunes or Passcode via Joyoshare [100% Effective]
Now that we know all the cases where iTunes is unusable, how on earth do we restore iPhone without iTunes when disabled? How to restore an iPhone without iTunes in recovery mode? All these problems can be solved by this magical tool – Joyoshare UltFix. This is a remarkable iOS recovery tool that guarantees to repair more than 150 issues of iPhone/iPad/iPod/Apple TV by restoring the device. And surely, it can restore your iPhone without iTunes, because the program has the ability to automatically usher your iPhone into the Recovery mode.
There are two modes for you to select, one is the Standard Mode which can restore your iPhone without data loss, and the other is the Advanced Mode which will erase all your data. The Advanced Mode erases your data for a reason, that is it's the only way to tackle some extremely severe problems.
- Restore iPhone without losing data
- Compatible with the latest iOS 15 and iPhone 13
- Offer Standard Mode and Advanced Mode to fix numerous iOS issues
- Factory reset iPhone/iPad/iPod touch/Apple TV without passcode
- 100% free entry or exit Recovery mode using only one click
- Resolve 150+ errors on all iOS devices like iPod, iPad and iPhone
Step 1Download and Install Joyoshare UltFix
First of all, download and install Joyoshare UltFix from the official website. Then launch it and connect your device to the computer. When your device is detected, click on the "Enter the Recovery mode" button to usher your iPhone into Recovery mode. After doing that, press the "Start" button.
Step 2Click Standard Mode
In the next window, there are two modes offered for you to choose from. To keep data intact, you should choose Standard Mode as mentioned above. Press the "Next" button to continue.
Step 3Enter DFU/Recovery Mode
If you have not set your device into Recovery mode or DFU mode at first, you should see the window below, which provides a guide for entering the DFU/Recovery mode manually. After putting your device into the DFU/Recovery mode, tap on the "Next" button to proceed.
Step 4Download Compatible iOS Firmware Package
Please confirm all the info of your device displayed is correct. If so, click the "Download" button to download the latest firmware and get it verified.
Step 5Start to Restore iPhone Without iTunes
By the time the verification ends, click on "Repair" button and then Joyoshare UltFix will automatically start to restore your iPhone. After several minutes, it will back to normal.
Way 2. How to Recover Your iPhone Without iTunes – Phone Settings
Except for using a third-party tool, iPhone has a built-in method to restore itself. To do that, simply follow the steps below.
Step 1. On your iPhone Home screen, go to Settings → General → Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Step 2. Press the Erase All Content and Settings option.
Step 3. Type in your password and tap on the Erase iPhone button.
Way 3. Restore iPhone Online Without iTunes – Finder
Finder can be used instead of iTunes to restore your iPhone on a Mac if iTunes has been discontinued by Apple. To do this, follow the same steps you followed for iTunes:
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into your Mac with a USB cable.
Step 2. Launch Finder and choose your iPhone from the sidebar.
Step 3. On your iPhone screen, enter your passcode and tap Trust if prompted.
Step 4. Under the General tab in Finder, click on Restore iPhone to completely erase your device and reinstall the software. You can also restore data from a previous backup on your Mac by clicking Restore Backup.
Part 3. Reset VS. Restore iPhone
"Reset" and "Restore" are frequently used interchangeably. However, the two words have different meanings; they describe different processes. A resetting of your device is a lighter option. The reset may wipe data off your phone, but the firmware and system version will not be affected.
A more granular selection of options is also available by resetting. Additionally, you can choose to wipe all of your content and settings on your device in addition to resetting all the settings. The process of restoring an iPhone is the one you should follow if you are experiencing major problems. Suppose you are unable to get your device out of recovery mode or device firmware update mode, or you keep receiving error codes (the most common ones are iPhone error 4013, 4014, 9, and 51).
Part 4. Summary
If you're unable to use iTunes to reset or restore your iPhone, you may initially feel that you're at a disadvantage. However, third-party apps actually provide you with more features than iTunes. Joyoshare iOS System Recovery can make your device enter or exit Recovery mode easily, and you can use it to fix all kinds of iOS-related on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If for any reason you still don't know how to restore iPhone without iTunes, despite being worried take a chill pill. Our immense experienced tech specialist team will guide you on what to do in detail.