As often of the case, if you attempt to enter the wrong password up to ten times in a row, your iPhone will become disabled and be required to connect to iTunes. This situation is indeed frustrating and may make you a little overwhelmed. Never mind. In this article, we will elaborate on the specific reason for iPhone disabled and talk about how to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes in 6 ways. In the end, we will also provide some useful suggestions for you so you can better manage and use your iPhone in daily life.
- Part 1 Why Is iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Part 2. Video Tutorial to Fix iPhone Disabled Issue
- Part 3. How to Fix iPhone Is Disabled Connect to iTunes
- Method 1: Fix Disabled iPhone with iTunes
- Method 2: Fix Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Method 3: Fix Disabled iPhone with iCloud "Find My iPhone"
- Method 4: Erase iPhone via Security Lockout (iOS 15.2 and Later)
- Method 5: Unlock Disabled iPhone with iOS System Recovery
- Method 6: Remove Lock from Disabled iPhone with iPhone Unlocker
Part 1 The Reason Why My iPhone Is Disabled Connect to iTunes
Generally speaking, the most common possibility for "iPhone is disabled" is that your kid plays with the iPhone and types a wrong unmatched passcode to lock the screen many times. Besides, it is someone else who wants to access your iPhone to pry privacy and keys the incorrect passcodes continuously. Of course, you can suddenly forget your password yourself and input a false passcode to lead to a disabled iPhone.
In the sake of security, your iPhone will lock itself and become disabled after multiple failed password attempts. The detailed prompts are as follows:
- 5 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute;
- 7 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes;
- 8 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes;
- 9 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled, try again in 60 minutes;
- 10 incorrect passcode attempts: iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.
Part 2. Video Tutorial to Unlock Disabled iPhone
Here is a video tutorial to show you how to unlock the disabled iPhone. If you are not clear about certain steps, watch it carefully, and then read this article in detail.
Part 3. How to Fix iPhone Is Disabled Connect to iTunes
Method 1: Fix Disabled iPhone with iTunes
If your iPhone has been synced with an iTunes before it is disabled and you have connected it to a trusted computer, go to restore with iTunes. Besides, the Find My function must be enabled on your iPhone. Follow the below steps if you can satisfy these conditions.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the trusted computer with a USB cable;
- Step 2: Run iTunes and tap on the device icon on the left side;
- Step 3: Go to "Summary" → "Restore iPhone" → "Restore" to start restoring iPhone to factory settings.
Method 2: Fix Disabled iPhone in Recovery Mode
Additionally, you can follow the steps below to force your disabled iPhone to Recovery Mode to fix the issue on the condition that you have never synced iPhone to iTunes or set up "Find My iPhone" in iCloud before.
- Step 1: Plug iPhone into computer and launch iTunes;
- Step 2: Force restart iPhone to set it into Recovery Mode;
- iPhone 8 and later: press Volume Up and release it, press Volume Down and release it as well, and hold the Side button until you enter the recovery mode.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: press and hold the Home button and the Volume Down button simultaneously, and release them after you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 6s and earlier: hold the Home button and the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Step 3: Select "Restore" when iTunes pops up a window to ask you whether to "Restore" or "Update" your iPhone;
- Step 4: Wait until iTunes finishes downloading the restored iOS software for your iPhone and set up device in your own way after the completion.
Method 3: Fix Disabled iPhone with iCloud "Find My iPhone"
Luckily, you are allowed to use iCloud to erase data and settings from your disabled iPhone as long as you have enabled the "Find My iPhone" option already.
- Step 1: Open a browser on your computer and visit icloud.com;
- Step 2: Sign in iCloud with Apple ID and password;
- Step 3: Go to "Find Devices" → "All Devices" to find your disabled iPhone from a list;
- Step 4: Click on the name of your disabled iPhone and select "Erase iPhone" to wipe all data and settings, including screen passcode.
Method 4: Erase iPhone via Security Lockout (iOS 15.2 and Later)
If you want to fix disabled iPhone without computer, iOS 15.2 and later versions offer a way for you. After 10 wrong attempts, you will be locked on the Security Lockout screen, where two options are displayed at the bottom. You could choose the latter one – Erase iPhone. Then, by merely entering your Apple ID and its password, your iPhone will be deleted without damage.
Method 5: Unlock Disabled iPhone with iOS System Recovery
If the aforementioned four solutions are not available or a bit difficult for you to operate, you can now make the most use of this easy-to-use software, Joyoshare UltFix. It is a tool that has the ability to effectively factory reset iPhone and unlocks its screen without passcode. Its full compatibility makes it work for all iPhone models and iOS versions with ease, such as iPhone 15 and iOS 17.
All that matters is that this iOS system recovery can help repair 150+ iOS issues without data loss. With the exception of the iPhone being disabled, it can fix black screen, white Apple logo, iPhone stuck in boot loop, iPhone won't restore, iPad stuck in data recovery process, etc. You can also use it to freely and instantly enter or exit recovery mode with just one click.
Step 1 Plug into Computer and Enter iOS System Repair
Plug your disabled iPhone into your trusted computer. Open Joyoshare UltFix and enter the iOS System Repair screen. Then, click the Start button.
Step 2 Choose Deep Repair Mode
Deep repair mode is going to erase all the data on your iPhone, including your passcode. So, if your iPhone is successfully recognized, click it and continue to the next step. If it fails to be detected, follow the guide on the screen to enter DFU/recovery mode and move on.
Step 3 Download the Firmware Package
Click the Download button after confirming your iPhone's information. After the verification of the firmware package completes, go to the last step.
Step 4 Fix Disabled iPhone Connect to iTunes
Click on the Repair button to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes issue. When your iPhone turn on again, you could restore your data from your backup.
Method 6: Remove Lock from Disabled iPhone with iPhone Unlocker
"iPhone is disabled" means you are locked out and what you should do is remove the screen lock. Likewise, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, an amazing lock remover for iOS devices, is compatible with all modes of iPhone and iOS software versions. It assures you a high rate of success, a high-security factor and user-friendly operating steps. Apart from this, you could utilize this program to remove Screen Time, Apple ID and MDM restrictions.
Step 1 Connect to Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
Run the program on your computer, and connect your iPhone to it. On the main screen, click Unlock iOS Screen.
Step 2 Enter Recovery/DFU Mode
Follow the steps on the screen to put your iPhone into recovery mode or DFU mode. The switcher is the blue link at the bottom.
Step 3 Get Firmware Package
After previewing the detailed information of your device, click the Download button to get the matching firmware package.
Step 4 Unlock Disabled iPhone
CClick the Unlock button to start removing the screen lock on your disabled iPhone. Once the whole progress ends, your iPhone will restart with no lock screen passcode.
Up to now, you have known how to make iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes fix with six solutions. Please select the most suitable one for yourself according to the actual situation. However, if you only would like to unlock disabled iPhone, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker can be a good choice. Compared to it, the introduced Joyoshare UltFix iOS System Recovery is capable of repairing various iPhone system issues. Both of them are qualified to cope with disabled iPhone. Whichever you choose depends on you whether you need more unlocking services or system repairing functions, and there is no need to worry about compatibility. Anyway, hope this post can give you substantial help.