It is not uncommon for people to forget screen passcode of their iPhone. When they try multiple screen passcodes but fail to unlock the device, iPhone 8 will be disabled or unavailable. Knowing exactly how to unlock iPhone 8 without passcode can be a really energy-consuming thing, especially for new iPhone users. What's worse, being able to use your iPhone 8 can be frustrating as no passcode can be entered correctly or successfully. Whatever your reason, you can stop here to learn several solutions to do this job in an efficient way. Let's get right to unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus without knowing the screen passcode.
- Part 1. Video Tutorial – How to Unlock iPhone 8 Forgot Passcode
- Part 2. How to Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus via an iPhone Unlocker
- Part 3. How to Unlock an iPhone 8/8 Plus with iTunes
- Part 4. How to Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus without Passcode or Computer
- 4.1 Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus Forgot Passcode via iCloud
- 4.2 Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus Forgot Passcode via Security Lockout
- Part 5. The Bottom Line
Part 1. Video Tutorial – How to Unlock iPhone 8 Forgot Passcode
You can watch this video and follow the instructions shown in the video without having to read the article. You could see specific steps in the post while watching.
Part 2. How to Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus via an iPhone Unlocker
Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is a good iPhone unlocker for all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod, including iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. It has the ability to remove various screen locks efficiently, such as 4-digit and 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, and even pattern passcode. Mostly important, situations, such as iPhone gets disabled after many incorrect attempts, Touch ID or Face ID is not available, you get a used iPhone with a locked screen, and so forth, can be supported to rescue without hassle. Also, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker supports removing Apple ID without losing data and bypassing the Screen Time passcode, as well as, MDM on iOS 17.
Though there is no tech required by using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, we specially show a quick guide here to make you know each step clearly. Now download and install Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your compute no matter it runs Windows or Mac system. Here we take Window version as an example below.
Step 1 Run Joyoshare Software and Connect iPhone 8
Launch Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your computer and connect your iPhone 8 or iPhone Plus 8 to the computer with an USB cable. Now select the Unlock iOS Screen option and then click on the Start button to continue.
Step 2 Go to Place iPhone 8/8 Plus into Recovery Mode
As instructed, you have to follow the on-screen steps to put your iPhone 8 or iPhone Plus 8 into DFU mode or recovery mode. Once you have set it successfully, the Next button will be clickable. Just click it and go to proceed the next step.
Step 3 Download and Verify the Firmware Package
As you can see, this program will detect and show the device information of your iPhone 8 for you to check and confirm. Correct it if there is something wrong. Then you can go to click the Download button to download and verify the firmware package.
Step 4 Start to Unlock iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus with No Passcode
When Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker completes the whole downloading and verification process, you can confirm to click on the Unlock button to remove your forgot passcode from your iPhone 8. Wait patientely until it finishes.
Note: Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker functions as other similar iPhone unlocker do. If you unlock an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without passcode, all the data and settings will be erased.
Part 3. How to Unlock an iPhone 8/8 Plus with iTunes
If you have synced your iPhone 8 with iTunes on a trusted computer before, you can make use of iTunes to unlock iPhone 8 when forgot passcode. If you haven't synced your iPhone 8 to your computer, you can put the device into recovery mode and then go to use iTunes to reset your device to factory settings. Then the screen passcode will be removed. Do it as follows if you can accept the shortcoming.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone 8 to a trusted computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: Click the device icon in iTunes and switch to the Summary tab.
- Step 3: If your iPhone haven't been trusted before, put it into recovery mode. Press and release Volume Up, do the same to Volume Down, hold the Side button and undo it when you see the Apple logo.
- Step 4: Click the Restore iPhone button after iTunes syncs your iPhone 8. Alternatively, click the Restore button from the prompt when you successfully enter the recovery mode.
- Step 5: Click on the Restore option again to make confirm and set up your iPhone 8 after it restored.
Part 4. How to Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus without Passcode or Computer
Wonder how to remove passcode from iPhone 8 without using iTunes or computer? Here you can find two methods to solve your issue - iCloud and Security Lockout. Let's check out now!
4.1 Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus Forgot Passcode via iCloud
To unlock iPhone 8 forgot passcode via iCloud, you can actually make it as long as you have enabled the Find My iPhone option before and remember your Apple ID password that is related to your iPhone 8. Likewise, using iCloud to unlock iPhone 8 will also erase all the data and settings. Here's how to.
- Step 1: Visit www.icloud.com on your device and log into your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and password.
- Step 2: Enter Apple ID section and go for Find Devices → All Devices to select your locked iPhone 8 from the list.
- Step 3: Now click the Erase iPhone option to restore your iPhone 8 and bypass the screen lock.
4.2 Unlock iPhone 8/8 Plus Forgot Passcode via Security Lockout
If you have updated your iPhone 8 to the latest iOS version, you have the chance to erase your device with your Apple ID password directly. There will be an Erase iPhone option on the lock screen when your iPhone becomes unavailable. If some of you find that iPhone unavailable with no Erase option, you might need to check the system version, network and Find My. Now go to erase your disabled iPhone 8 via Security Lockout.
- Step 1: After entering the wrong passcode too many times, you will see the Erase iPhone option on the screen of your iPhone 8.
- Step 2: Tap Erase iPhone and then tap it again when you are prompted that all the data and settings will be removed.
- Step 3: When you are asked to enter your Apple ID password, then you can sign out of your Apple ID.
- Step 4: After that, wait for your iPhone 8 to restart.
The Bottom Line
No matter you are using iPhone 8 or iPhone Plus 8, you can use iCloud and iTunes to erase all the settings on your iPhone. Thus, you can remove the screen passcode from your device. If iTunes is unworkable, how to unlock iPhone 8 without passcode? The new Erase iPhone option on the Security Lockout screen could help, which requires Apple ID password, enabled Find My, Internet connection, and recent system versions. If you can't meet so many conditions, you can try using an iPhone Unlocker like Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to crack your forgotten passcode. Have a try, and you'll find it out.