Before selling your iPad, it is necessary to erase all your data and sign out of your Apple ID. What if you forgot the Apple ID and the password, how should you erase all content and settings? Don't worry, this article is going to list 7 solutions to help you put your iPad into default mode without Apple ID password. iTunes, iForgot service, screen passcode, phone number, and the Find My app are all free workarounds to achieve your goal. Other third-party tools are recommended as well because of their efficiency. If you are eager to know how to factory reset iPad without Apple ID password, continue to read this post.
- Solution 1: Find Apple ID Back and Reset Password
- Solution 2: Reset Apple ID Password on Settings
- Solution 3: Use Phone Number to Factory Reset iPad
- Solution 4: Remove Apple ID and Erase iPad via iPasscode Unlocker
- Solution 5: Reset Device via Joyoshare UltFix
- Solution 6: Restore iPad in Recovery Mode with iTunes/Finder
- Solution 7: Erase iPad from Another Device on Find My
Solution 1: Find Apple ID Back and Reset Password
Apple gives an official way to deal with forgotten Apple ID so that you could find your account back with your personal information. Also, it is available to reset Apple ID password if you cannot remember it. After Apple ID and password are found back, you could use them to complete the process of factory resetting.
- Step 1: Enter the iForgot webpage. If you forgot your Apple ID, click the "look it up" link.
- Step 2: Here you are required to type in your name and email address. Click Continue to proceed.
- Step 3: Choose a channel to receive the verification code and enter it to find your account back.
- Step 4: If you can't remember the Apple ID password, enter your Apple account on the iForgot page, and click on the Continue button.
- Step 5: Now you are asked for your phone number or to answer your security questions.
- Step 6: When your identity is confirmed, you are able to set up a new password for your Apple ID.
- Step 7: Use the new password to factory reset your iPad.
Solution 2: Reset Apple ID Password on Settings
On Settings, you are allowed to reset Apple ID password with only your iPad screen passcode. The steps are easy. Head to the Settings app on your iPad, tap your Apple ID, choose Password & Security, and select the Change Password option. In this screen, you need to enter your screen passcode, and then you could create a new Apple ID password. Once the password is reset, go to factory reset your iPad again.
Solution 3: Use Phone Number to Factory Reset iPad
Another workaround on how to factory reset iPad without Apple ID password is to use phone number to verify your identity instead of Apple account password. You could operate this solution on Settings directly.
- Step 1: Open Settings, choose General, scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPad, and select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Step 2: Here you could tap on Continue to back up your data, or you are able to tap on the bottom message "Skip Backup".
- Step 3: Then, when asked for Apple ID password, tap "Forgot password?", and you will be required to confirm the associated phone number. Once you enter the phone number, your iPad will be factory reset.
Solution 4: Remove Apple ID and Erase iPad via iPasscode Unlocker
How to factory reset iPad without Apple ID password? Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker offers an effective way to straightly remove the Apple ID without password and put your iPad into default state, thus, you could sell it like a new device. With Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, you don't need to get the Apple ID passcode and then operate the factory reset process, instead, with only a few clicks, the Apple account is removed, and at the same time, your iPad is erased. As a powerful software, Joyoshare iPasscode is compatible with all models of iPad, iPhone, iPod and the latest iPadOS 16. When you apply it to remove Apple ID, it will not cause data loss. Meanwhile, all types of screen locks, Screen Time passcode and device management are all supported to be unlocked by Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker.
- Factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes
- Remove Apple ID and screen passcode on iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Turn off Screen Time and Bypass MDM
- High compatibility and a high rate of success
Step 1 Run Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker and Connect iPad
When Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is restored on your computer, run it and connect your iPad to it. On the home screen, choose the Unlock Apple ID section.
Step 2 Confirm the Status of Find My
Click the Start button. If you have turned the Find My feature off on your iPad, you will get into the next step. If not, follow the on-screen requirement to check whether the screen lock and two-factor authentication are enabled on your iPad. After your confirmation by clicking Yes, you are able to enter the next page as well.
Step 3 Remove Apple ID and Factory Reset iPad without Password
Check your device information when it is detected, and click the Download button to get the firmware package. In the meantime, it will start to unlock your Apple ID. When your iPad restarts, it is factory reset.
Solution 5: Reset Device via Joyoshare UltFix
Alternatively, Joyoshare UltFix offers a feature to reset iPhone, iPad and iPod without knowing your Apple ID password. It consists of two sections, including standard reset and factory reset. The former is equal to the Reset All Settings on Settings and it will not cause data loss, while the latter is the same as Erase All Content and Settings on Settings and it will clear all device data. Follow the steps below to factory reset your iPad without Apple ID password.
- Step 1: Install and launch Joyoshare UltFix, plug your iPad into computer.
- Step 2: On the main interface, choose Reset Device and select Factory Reset.
- Step 3: Click on the Download button to download the firmware package.
- Step 4: When the firmware package is verified, click Start Factory Reset to finish the whole process.
Solution 6: Restore iPad in Recovery Mode with iTunes/Finder
iTunes and Finder are also common-used methods to put iPad into default status. If your computer is trusted with your iPad, it is available to directly restore iPad without Apple ID password. Otherwise, you need to put your iPad into recovery mode first. Here is how to do it.
- Step 1: Run iTunes/Finder and use a USB to connect your iPad to the computer.
- Step 2: Put iPad into recovery mode.
- iPad with Face ID: press Volume Up and release it, press Volume Down and release it, long-press the Side button for a while until you enter the recovery mode screen.
- iPad with Home button: simultaneously hold the Home button and the Power button, and release them when it shows recovery mode screen.
- Step 3: A prompt will pop up on the screen asking to Update or Restore your iPad.
- Step 4: Click on the Restore button and wait for its completion.
Solution 7: Erase iPad from Another Device on Find My
If the Find My function is enabled on your iPad, it is possible to use another device that signed in with the same Apple ID to erase data on your iPad. Therefore, if you possess an iPhone, go to open the Find My app on it. Then, enter the Devices section, choose your iPad, and tap on the Erase This Device option. When the entire progress completes, your iPad is factory reset without knowing Apple ID password.
This article gives 7 solutions to answer how to factory reset iPad without Apple ID password. You could reset Apple ID password taking advantage of your phone number, security questions, screen passcode, etc. and create a new one. Phone number is able to factory reset iPad straightly replacing Apple ID password. iTunes and Find My are both available to restore iPad and erase all data. Apart from these free methods, Joyoshare offers two optimal software to factory reset your iPad – Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker and Joyoshare UltFix. They are the finest to erase your data if you cannot use the other solutions to complete the progress of factory reset.