Safari is the inbuilt browser on the Apple OS known for its simplicity and function. Even though the browser has a lot to offer to its users, it might not work on iPhone due to several reasons related to the software or your settings. Therefore, there are many questions on the need to find solutions to the problem of Safari not working on iPhone. Due to Safari being a closed app, i.e., only Apple can directly mess with the code regarding the OS's strict guidelines.
- Why Is Safari Not Working on iPhone?
- Part 1. Best Way to Fix iPhone Safari Not Working
- Part 2. Conventional Tips to Fix Safari Not Working on iPhone
Why Is Safari Not Working on iPhone?
Before you know how to fix the issue on your iPhone, you need to know why Safari is not working on your iPhone. The term "not working" might mean the application is crashing or it is not allowing you to surf the Internet. Below are a few reasons for you ask the question why can't I use Safari on my iPhone:
1Malfunctioning Safari app
Safari not working on iPhone could be due to bugs or settings you did. The bugs can be due to a lack of updates or the accumulation of data. The settings are due to mistakes while using your device.
2Bad Internet connection
Issues related to Wi-Fi or normal Internet service can lead to Safari not working on iPhone. Before you conclude on it being the Internet connection, ensure that the Internet is not working on other applications. If it is working, the issue is not due to your connection. However, if it is not working generally, the issue is due to the network.
Part 1: Best Solution to Fix Safari Not Working on iPhone
Joyoshare UltFix is the perfect software to solve Safari not working on iPhone if the issue is software-related. The software will repair the iOS without data loss. With intuitive and simple user interface, you can master repairing iOS devices like iPhone and iPad even if you are a rookie without any tech experience. Also, it provides two options for you to rescue malfunctioning iPhone, including Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. The difference between these two modes is that the former does not erase data and the last causes data loss.
Step 1 Run Joyoshare UltFix and connect iPhone
Run the application and plug your iOS device into the computer. Press the "Start" and Enter Recovery Mode buttons to move to the next step of detecting the device.
Step 2 Choose a mode for repairing
Choose Standard Mode to fix the issue with no data loss. Choose Advanced Mode if you don't mind data loss.
Step 3 Install the firmware package
Press on Next to download the firmware package. Confirm your iOS device for the downloading process to kickstart. Wait till the program's downloading and verification of the firmware.
Step 4 Start to repair iPhone issue
Fix the iOS by pressing Repair. The software will unzip the firmware and fix the iOS for you. Ensure that the iPhone is securely connected during the process. Boot the device and check if Safari works.
Part 2. Common Ways to Fix Safari Not Working on iPhone
1Relaunch Safari App
Before trying the other methods listed below, ensure you relaunch the application. Sometimes the error that leads to Safari not working properly on iPhone can be due to a few minor bugs. Follow the steps below on how to go about relaunching the safari app:
- Step 1: For iPhones with the Home button, double press the Home button to open the app switcher. For newer iPhones without the Home button, swipe up the bottom of the screen to the center.
- Step 2: Safari will be the most recently minimized app. Swipe to close the application. You can ensure that you close the application by opening the app switcher again and checking if the Safari app is still present.
- Step 3: Relaunch the application to see if the problem is solved.
2Turn on/off Cellular Data for Safari
Safari not working on iPhone with cellular data can be due to problems with your Internet connection or if you have mistakenly off the data for the application itself. You can turn on or off cellular data for Safari using the following methods.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Navigate to Cellular.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Safari and check On.
- Step 3: Close Settings. Relaunch the application.
Accumulation of data can lead to the creation of bugs. However, a simple solution can be to restart your iPhone. Close all the applications on your device and switch the device off. Switch on your iPhone, relaunch the application and see whether the problem is solved. If the problem persists, you can try the methods below.
4Update Safari App
You can also update the Safari app to resolve the issue of crashing or inability to connect to the Internet. Apple might have detected the bug itself and fixed the Safari on iPhone not working issue in an app update. Follow the steps below on how to update the Safari app.
- Step 1: Press on App Store. Search for Safari.
- Step 2: Press on UPDATE.
- Step 3: Launch the app.
5Update iOS Version
The Safari won't work on iPhone problem might have been fixed with an iOS version update. Therefore, if you are running an outdated iOS version, you might experience the problem. Follow the steps on how to update your iOS.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Scroll down and press General - Software update.
- Step 2: If there is an update, press on Download and Install.
- Step 3: Confirm installation after the completion of the downloading process.
6Delete All Safari's Data
Every time you open a webpage of Safari, the app keeps the data as a cache (except you are browsing incognito). A large amount of cache can lead to the development of bugs which can cause the app to crash and slow down. This becomes very crucial with users with devices having low memory space. To solve the problem, you need to delete all Safari data.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Scroll down and press Safari.
- Step 2: Press Clear History and Website Data.
- Step 3: Tap Clear History and Data for confirmation. Relaunch Safari.
7Deactivate Safari Suggestions
Another simple and common fix for Safari not working on iPhone is deactivating the Safari Suggestion. This feature is responsible for analyzing what type so that searching on the browser is easier. Some users said that turning off Safari Suggestion could fix the bugs responsible for the issue.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Scroll down and press Safari.
- Step 2: Turn off Safari Suggestion.
- Step 3: Launch the application and see if the problem persists.
8Factory Reset iPhone
If all the previous methods do not work, factory resetting your iPhone can solve any software problem. However, remember that this will wipe off all the data on your device, bringing it to its default state. Therefore, it is better to backup important files such as videos, audio, pictures, etc. using the iCloud function or a local backup. Then follow the steps below on how to factory reset an iPhone.
- Step 1: Open Settings. Tap on General.
- Step 2: Press Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Step 3: Press Erase All Content and Settings. and follow the on-screen instructions.
9Let Apple Do Repair
If you have tried the tips we gave and they all do not work to fix iPhone Safari not working, you should consider allowing Apple to repair. You can contact Apple Support online, over the phone, through the mail, or physically. Meeting them online is the easiest, but a physical meeting can get things done faster.
Safari not working on iPhone is a common issue in the Apple ecosystem due to bugs and bad Internet connection. There are many solutions. However, the best would be Joyoshare UltFix because it can fix the issue without losing data.