Q:"How can I crop a video on my Windows 10 computer? Is there any easy-to-use video cropping program recommended? Many thanks!" - Eva from Quora
Of course, if you want to crop videos to get the desired display on the screen, you need a third-party app to help you out. There are many various different video croppers on the internet, and here we're going to show you top 3 easy methods to crop videos in Windows 10, with step-by-step guides for each solution.
|Program||Joyoshare Media Cutter||VLC||Windows Movie Maker|
|Compatible with Windows 10||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Need to Download||Yes||Yes||Officially removed for download on January 10, 2017 and replaced by Microsoft Photos App in Windows 10|
|With advanced video editor||Yes||Yes||No|
|Operability||Easy||A bit complicated||Easy|
Part 1. The Simplest Way to Crop Video on Windows 10 with Joyoshare Media Cutter
Joyoshare Media Cutter might be one of the easiest yet powerful video croppers to crop video size in Windows XP and later, Windows 10 included. With the program, you can crop any video file at a fairly fast speed with high original quality preserved. Joyoshare Media Cutter provides both input and output preview windows for you to see clearly any change you made. Besides, you can also change the aspect ratio based on your needs and then crop the video to fill the screen.
Additionally, Joyoshare Media Cutter supports a ton of video file formats and devices including MP4, M4V, WMV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, MOV, FLV, MKV, RM, RMVB, DAT, as well as Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Xbox, PS4, and many other mobile devices and gadgets. It also enables you to do more edits to the video files like trimming, adjusting contrast, brightness, saturation and hue, adding special video effects, applying watermarks and subtitles, changing codec, bit rate, resolution and frame rate, etc.
Why Choose Joyoshare Video Cropper:
Crop video files with high quality intact
Crop video size in an easy way
Preview function is available in real time
Support multiple video formats and devices
Step 1 Launch Joyoshare and add target video
Step 2 Crop video size Windows 10
Step 3 Choose the output mode
Step 4 Export new cropped video file
Part 2. How to Crop a Video Using VLC Media Player
The second solution to crop a video on Windows 10 is to use VLC Media Player. Known as a media player, it also performs well as a video cropper. With VLC, you can crop video clips as you want. Next let's see how to crop a video in VLC media player:
1. Open VLC on the PC, go to "Tools" > "Preferences";
2. Set preferences for cropping. Choose "All" under "Show Settings", and then go to "Video" > "Expand Filters" > "Croppadd". Enter the specific pixels to crop from top/bottom/left/right as you like. Then hit the "Video" > "Filters" and tick "Video Scaling Filter" and click "Save";
3. Add video file to crop. Go to "Media" > "Convert/Save" and press the "Add" button to import one file for cropping;
4. Save the cropped video. Click the "Browse" button to get a destination folder and press the "Start" button to begin to crop the video.
Part 3. How to Crop a Video in Windows Movie Maker
There is another free and easy way to crop video files on Windows 10 such as using a built-in program like Windows Movie Maker. It can also help you crop video and remove unnecessary parts in an indirect way. Follow the simple guides below to crop a video quickly:
1. Add a video file for cropping. Launch Windows Movie Maker app first and then click the "Media" button to import a video file you want to crop. Drag and drop the file to the Timeline or right-click on the video and select "Add to Timeline";
2. Crop video file. Go to "Animations" > "Pans and Zoom", choose a pan or zoom effect you desire;
3. If you're satisfied with it, save the cropped video; if not, redo it again.