Q:"How to unlock iPhone with broken screen? Last night my son was playing games on my iPhone 6 and it fell down to the floor accidentally. Sadly the screen was broken. The phone seemed to be alive but I couldn't enter the passcode to unlock the screen. How can I get into this iPhone? Thanks a lot." - Sara from Apple Discussion Forum
It must be annoying when your iPhone screen is cracked, what is more frustrated is that, you can't even enter your screen passcode in order to access it. Don't be despondent now. In this article, we'll cover 4 possible solutions to help you unlock an iPhone passcode when your broken is broken, cracked or unresponsive.
- Solution 1. Unlock Broken Screen iPhone without Passcode [100% Working]
- Solution 2. Unlock Broken Screen iPhone with iTunes
- Solution 3. Unlock Broken Screen iPhone with iCloud
- Solution 4. Get into a Broken Screen iPhone Using Siri
Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen Using iPasscode Unlocker
To fix iPhone screen broken can't unlock problem, you can simply use a professional iOS unlock tool to do the job. Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker can easily unlock iPhone passcode when the touch screen is broken and unresponsive. It uses a very simple method to bypass the screen lock and help you get into your broken screen iPhone within a few minutes. Plus, it will not ask any password or prompt during the unlocking problem, no restriction at all.
No matter your screen passcode is a 4-digit or 6-digit numeric one, or a more complicated Touch ID, Face ID, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker can remove the screen lock in a few clicks. Besides, this program is fully compatible with almost all iOS devices and systems, ranging from the oldest iPhone 4s to the newest iPhone 11 Pro Max and iOS 14.
Key Features of Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker:
Unlock iPhone without passcode on a broken screen
Remove screen lock easily and instantly
Crack different kinds of screen passwords
Support all iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Now let's move to the detailed instruction on how to unlock iPhone when screen is broken by using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker.
Step 1 Open Joyoshare and connect broken screen iPhone
At first, you can download and install Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your PC or Mac. Use an original USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Open Joyoshare and it will detect your device. Click the "Start" button to begin.
Step 2 Put iPhone into DFU or recovery mode (Optional)
Follow the instruction on the interface to boot your broken iPhone to the DFU or recovery mode manually. If it failed, you can freely use Joyoshare UltFix to help your device enter the recovery mode in one click. Then hit the "Next" button to proceed.
Step 3 Download firmware package and verify
Once your device is in the recovery mode or DFU mode, you can check the device info and correct it if there is anything wrong. Afterward, press on the "Download" button to download and verify the firmware package.
Step 4 Unlock iPhone broken screen without passcode
Wait until the download is completed, and then you can click the "Unlock" button to start unzipping the firmware package and unlocking your iPhone. Once it's done, you can get access to your iPhone again.
Note: Using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to unlock broken screen iPhone will wipe all the data and settings on your device, and the iOS will be updated to the latest version. You can now recover your data by restoring an iTunes or iCloud backup.
Part 2. How to Restore Broken Screen iPhone via iTunes
Another method to bypass iPhone screen lock is to use iTunes to restore your device as long as you have ever synced it to a computer and trust this computer. Here is how: If you have once synced your device to the trusted computer via iTunes, you're probably going to try unlocking iPhone XR/XS (Max) or any other iDevice with iTunes. Just go to open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer. Simply hit the device icon after it detects your iPhone and navigate to the "Summary" > "Restore iPhone...". Confirm the "Restore" option to factory reset your device. Your passcode will be removed then.
- Step 1. Launch the latest version of iTunes and connect your device to the synced computer;
- Step 2. After iTunes recognized your iPhone, hit the device icon and then go to the "Summary" > "Restore iPhone...";
- Step 3. Click the "Restore" button again and reset your device to the factory settings. When the process finishes, all your data will be effaced and your iPhone can work normally.
Part 3. How to Remotely Erase iPhone with Broken Screen via iCloud
Once you have enabled "Find My iPhone" feature on iCloud, you can also try to unlock iPhone with cracked screen through this solution. The following are quick steps:
- Step 1. Enter wwww.icloud.com on the browser of your computer or iPad. Log into iCloud account with your Apple ID and password;
- Step 2. Click the "Find iPhone" button and select your iPhone under the list of "All Devices";
- Step 3. Choose the "Erase iPhone" option to erase all content and screen passcode remotely.
Part 4. How to Get into Broken Screen iPhone via Siri
When your iPhone screen is broken and unresponsive, you can also use Siri feature to get access to it. Yet, it will not always work for all iPhone users, according to the report from many customers. You can still give it a try, what if you're the lucky one?
- Step 1. Press and hold the Home button to activate Siri (If it failed, you can turn to other methods mentioned before for help);
- Step 2. Ask Siri to "Turn on VoiceOver", and then press the Home key to go to the main unlock screen;
- Step 3. Swipe left or right until "Slide to Unlock" option is selected, and then double-tap. Now the password page appears;
- Step 4. Swipe left or right to highlight the correct keys on the keyboard and double hit to "enter" each one;
- Step 5. Swipe to highlight enter or done and double hit to submit the password.
Conclusion & Suggestion
The above are all possible solutions to unlock iPhone passcode when your iPhone is broken and unresponsive due to system issues. The first three methods will erase all your data while the last one will not, but it is somewhat complicated and not 100% workable. We suggest you try Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to unlock iPhone with broken screen because it's easy to operate and have a high success rate. However, if your iPhone screen broken can't unlock issue is caused by some hardware malfunction or the Siri trick doesn't function currently, you'd better take it to the offline Apple Store or professional repair store. Don't repair it by yourself, or you may damage it.