Operating on one of the most dynamic system software, the iPhone is the world's top-performing smart gadget with a sleek design and wonderful features. Even with an accomplished operating system, the iPhone is still prone to technical glitches, and an unresponsive screen has long been a concern for iPhone on the internet.
With an unresponsive screen, it is impossible to write your passcode or access functions/app on your- it is unerringly impractical to use your iPhone with an unresponsive screen. Often the problem is caused by a software bug, misbehaving apps, dirty screen, faulty screen guard, or hardware problem. Well, for whatever reasons, we have got covered! This article will furnish you with tips on how to unlock iPhone with unresponsive screen. Let's get you access to your iPhone now!
- Method 1. Unlock iPhone Without Touch Screen Using iPhone Unlocker [Hot]
- Method 2. Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen Using Keyboard
- Method 3. Hard Reboot iPhone to Unlock iPhone With Unresponsive Screen
- Method 4. Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen via iTunes
- Method 5. Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen via iCloud
- Method 6. Use Siri to Unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen
Solution 1: How to Unlock iPhone Without Touch Screen Using iPhone Unlocker
If you cannot unlock your iPhone screen because of an unresponsive screen or cracked screen, you should consider using an iPhone Unlocker software - Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. The program is specifically designed to bypass, crack, or erase 4 types of iDevice screen locks, i.e., they commonly use 4-digit and 6-digit screen passcodes, intelligent Face ID, and Touch ID.
With Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, you can remove your iPhone's passcode in three simple steps and has broad compatibility. It works great on iPads, iPods, and virtually all iPhones running on the most recent iOS versions. The app is easy to use, and it does really matter if you forgot your passcode, broke your screen, or had an ID recognition failure; the Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker has got covered!
Key Features of Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker:
Unlock iPhone without passcode on an unresponsive screen
Remove screen locks easily and instantly
Crack 4 kinds of screen passwords, including 4-digit, 6-digit, Touch ID, Face ID
Support all iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Here is simple guide on how to unlock iPhone when screen doesnt work using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker.
i. Launch Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker and connect iPhone
Launch the app on your PC. Connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable and click "Start" to proceed.
ii. Put iPhone in DFU mode
Follow the illustration on the image below to put your iPhone in DFU mode. Then, click "Next" to continue.
iii. Download firmware package
Before hitting the "Download" option, check to confirm whether the firmware details match those of your iPhone. Click "Download" at the bottom to start download process.
iv. Unlock iPhone without touch screen
Once the download is complete, click "Unlock" to unlock your iPhone with unresponsive touch screen. Ensure the iPhone stays connected during the entire process. It only takes a few minutes to complete and it should ultimately unlock your iPhone.
Solution 2: How to Unlock iPhone With Unresponsive Screen using Keyboard
Here is another easy and affordable way to manually enter your passcode on your iPhone with an unresponsive screen. It pretty straightforward- all you need is an OTG and Keyboard and follow the steps below.
- i. Using an OTG, connect the Keyboard to your iPhone.
- ii. Power on your iPhone.
- iii. Manually enter your iPhone's passcode using the keyboard.
Solution 3: Hard Reboot iPhone to Unlock iPhone With Unresponsive Screen
Hard rebooting an iPhone common fix for many iPhone problems. It helps fix software bugs that may be causing the unresponsive screen problem. Here are the hard reboot steps you should follow depending on your iPhone model.
- iPhone 8 and recent models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and quickly release the volume button. Finally, press and hold the power button until an Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: At the same time, press and hold the volume down and the wake button until an Apple logo appears on your screen.
- iPhone 6 and older models: Simultaneously, press and release the wake button and the home button until an Apple logo appears on your screen.
Solution 4: How to Unlock iPhone With Unresponsive Screen with iTunes
If our first 3 solutions do not fix the unresponsive screen problem, you can use iTunes to restore your iPhone and unlock the screen. The method works best if you have previously synced your iPhone with iTunes and have had your iPhone "trust" your computer. If that is the case, then follow the steps below to unlock your iPhone with iTunes.
- i. Launch iTunes app on your PC.
- ii. Connect your iPhone to the PC using a USB cable.
- iii. The iPhone will automatically detect on iTunes.
- iv. Click on the device's icon and hit the "Summary" tab.
- v. Click on the "Restore iPhone" option, and a pop-up notification will appear on your screen. Hit "Restore" to reset your iPhone to default factory settings.
This should unlock your screen and allow you to access your iPhone's apps.
Solution 5: Unlock iPhone With Unresponsive Screen With iCloud
The iCloud service is significantly used to restore and back data. However, you can also use it to unlock the iPhone in the event that the screen is unresponsive. Using iCloud, you can remotely access your iPhone and erase all data and unlock your screen.
For this method to work, you need to have an active "Find My iPhone" feature on your device and then follow the procedure below.
- i. On your pc, browse https://www.icloud.com/.
- ii. Log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and passcode.
- iii. Navigate the page to find the "Find iPhone" option and then select "All Devices."
- iv. On the displaying list, find and select your iPhone.
- v. Hit the "Erase iPhone" option to erase iPhone data to unlock your iPhone remotely. You can now access your iPhone without keying in the passcode.
Remember, this method only works if you have an active "Find My iPhone" feature.
Solution 6: Use Siri to unlock iPhone with Unresponsive Screen
This is not a popular solution among iPhone. It, in fact recently shared on the Apple Community platform. A vast number of Apple device users have tried it out it has worked to resolve their issue. Here is how you go about it.
- i. First, hold the "Home" button to turn on Siri on your iPhone (iPhone 7 and older models). If you are using iPhone and other recent models, simply press and hold the wake button for a split-second to turn on Siri.
- ii. Tell Sir to "Turn on VoiceOver."
- iii. Press the "Home" button to access the main unlock screen.
- iv. Swipe left or right until the "Slide to Unlock" is selected.
- v. Double-tap your screen, and the passcode page will appear.
- vi. Move the VoiceOver cursor left/right to highlight the passcode keys.
- vii. Double-tap on each key to "Enter."
- viii. Swipe to highlight enter and double-tap to submit the passcode.
- ix. If the passcode is correct, this method should unlock your iPhone screen.
The Bottom Line
This article has to great lengths, featured all the possible methods on how to unlock iPhone with unresponsive screen. The highlighted steps are pretty straightforward, and all you have to do is try each of them and find out which unlocks your iPhone. However, we highly recommend that you first try out the Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. It is a super effortless way to unlock your iPhone screen. You also do not have to erase any data from your iPhone. Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker guarantees you 100% security and fixes your screen lock problem.