Apple is a worldwide leader in the smartphone industry with unique features. And one such great standard feature on iOS devices is the parental control. This device's parental controls (restrictions) are simple to set up and let you keep tabs on your kid's iPhone usage. However, there may come a situation when you believe your child may benefit from unrestricted access to certain applications to assist with homework or discover new interests.
Anyhow, if you're unaware of how to turn off parental controls on iPhone or forgot the password, we've got your back. In this article, you'll discover the finest ways to get rid of parental controls on iPhone. Let's get started!
- Part 1. What Is Parental Controls on iPhone?
- Part 2. Best Method to Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone without Password
- Part 3. How to Get Rid of Parental Controls on iPhone with Data Loss
- Part 4. How to Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone with Password
Part 1. What Is Parental Controls on iPhone?
Screen Time is the name of the parental controls feature found on the iPhone, enabling you to do much more than block websites on your kid's smartphone. You may use it to establish downtime, allow or prohibit specific applications on your phone, disable changes to certain system parameters, and specify multiple content restrictions. You can also use it to limit modifications to certain system options. The function fulfills every need for a parental monitoring and control tool.
Each time you wish to modify your restrictions, you must enter your password, which protects your settings and prevents unauthorized access. The app's Screen Time settings will be accessible to you only when you have successfully entered the proper passcode. It also lets you alter your Screen Time passcode if another user has discovered it. Moreover, you can also set up Screen Time for other family members and manage all of the restrictions placed on their devices from your own iPhone.
Part 2. Best Method to Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone without Password
Forgot your parental control passcode and got stuck out of it? Looking for a method to get rid of parental controls on iPhone without the Screen Time password and data loss? You'll get the answers here! A third-party password unlocker is the most effective and reliable way to disable parental controls on iPhones. If you wish to find such an app, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is your best bet.
You do not need to meet any specific technical specifications to use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, which enables you to break and remove up to 5 different screen locks on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This iOS unlocker works with all of Apple's biometric authentication methods, including the advanced Face ID and Touch ID, as well as the screen time passcode.
- Bypass all sorts of passcodes on iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- Disable Screen Time without passcode and losing data
- Delete Apple ID from iDevice without entering password
- Get rid of MDM restrictions and MDM profile on iDevice
- Works well with the newest versions of iOS and iPadOS
To understand how to turn off parental control on iPhone without a password using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, follow the steps below:
Step 1 Choose Unlock Screen Time Passcode
First, download and install Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your PC and launch it. After that, choose Unlock Screen Time Passcode from the homepage. Ensure your iPhone is connected to the PC via a USB cable.
Step 2 Start to Turn off Parental Controls on iPhone
Next, go to disable Find My iPhone on your iPhone, and then hit the Start button to unlock the Screen Time password.
Step 3 Follow the On-screen Instructions to Set up
Start setting up your phone when the Screen Time password is removed successfully. You need to tap Don't Transfer Apps & Data on Apps & Data page. After that, tap on Set Up Later in Settings to completely remove the Screen Time password on your iPhone without losing any data.
Part 3. How to Get Rid of Parental Controls on iPhone without Password
Wondering how do you turn off parental controls on iPhone? Find the answers here! Although Apple allows you to apply parental controls on your kid's iPhone, there are some ways to remove it, which include:
3.1 Remove Parental Controls on iPhone via iTunes
Restoring your iPhone using iTunes or the Finder is one of the best ways to disable an iPhone's parental controls function. You can utilize this method to turn off the feature entirely. When you do a restore on an iOS device, the software that runs your phone is completely reinstalled from scratch. Your Screen Time feature will be deactivated, and the passcode that you used to access it will also be erased when you do a clean reinstall of the operating system. However, this method will erase all your iPhone data.
To understand how to turn off parental controls on an iPhone via iTunes, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cord. If you receive a prompt on your iPhone asking you to trust your computer, click on the Trust option, which will enable your computer to communicate with your smartphone.
- Step 2: Launch the Finder application on your Mac if you use a version of macOS Catalina or later. Launch iTunes on your PC if you use Windows or an older macOS version.
- Step 3: After launching iTunes on your computer, find your iPhone and choose it in the application. The next step in the process of recovering your iPhone is to select the option labeled Restore iPhone.
- Step 4: To restore your device, you will need to choose the Restore option in the prompt window.
3.2 Erase Parental Controls on iPhone via iCloud
The next method to take off parental control on iPhone is using iCloud. Since iCloud lets you easily control and manage the iPhone, you can also use it to get rid of parental controls. However, using this approach will result in the deletion of all of the data that is currently saved on your iPhone. So before you decide to do anything, give it some serious thought.
To understand how to turn off parental controls on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to icloud.com on your preferred browser, and log in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Now, go to Find Devices and select All Devices to locate your iPhone.
- Step 3: Once you've located your iPhone, click on it. After that, click on the Erase iPhone option and follow the prompt to erase parental controls and everything on your iPhone.
3.3 Delete Parental Controls on iPhone in Recovery Mode
The next method to disable parental controls on iPhone is to put it in recovery mode. Since your iPhone has never been connected to a computer, this method can be helpful for people who can't seem to get rid of parental control through iTunes in recovery mode.
To put the iPhone in Recovery Mode, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Turn off your iPhone and connect it to a computer through a USB cable.
- Step 2: Go to put your iPhone into recovery mode and then launch iTunes.
- Step 3: On the pop-up screen of iTunes, select Restore and then it will remove parental controls on your device.
3.4 Erase Parental Controls on iPhone via Factory Reset
If none of the above seems to work for you, you will have to factory reset your iPhone to turn off the parental controls on your iPhone. Since by factory resetting, you're converting your iPhone to its original setting, it will remove parental control.
Follow the procedure below to reset your iPhone:
- Step 1: Open Settings and go to General on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Navigate to Transfer or Reset iPhone, and tap on it.
- Step 3: After that, tap on Erase All Content and Settings and enter your passcode to proceed.
Part 4. How to Disable Parental Controls on iPhone with Password
Turning off this parental control function becomes much simpler if you remember the Screen Time password. All you need to do is enter the right password for the process and then follow some instructions to get rid of parental controls. This will not cause any data loss on your iPhone. You will also not erase any settings since this approach turns off Screen Time on your iPhone.
For iOS 11 or Earlier
Since Screen Time was introduced in iOS 12, turning off parental controls on iOS 11 is slightly different. Follow these steps to understand:
- Step 1: Go to Settings and navigate to General on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Navigate to Restrictions, and tap on it. Enter your passcode.
- Step 3: After that, hit the Disable Restrictions option and enter your passcode again to remove the parental controls on your iPhone.
For iOS 12 or Later:
To take off parental controls on iPhone using the Screen Time password, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Settings, navigate to Screen Time, and tap on it.
- Step 2: Now, navigate the Turn Off Screen Time option, and tap on it.
- Step 3: A screen will appear asking for the Screen Time password. Enter your password, and tap on Turn Off Screen Time in the next prompt that will appear.
Parental Control is a feature every parent wishes to have to keep tabs on their kid's phone. However, there are times when you want to remove it from your kid's iPhone. And we hope that you know how to turn off parental control on iPhone after reading this article. Moreover, we recommend using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to remove parental controls on your iPhone if you no longer remember the password to remove it.