If you forget your Screen Time passcode, Apple gives an official solution that you can go to Settings and enter Screen Time interface, then tap Change Screen Time Passcode and confirm your operation. Normally, you can see a blue link above the keyboard showing "Forgot Passcode?", and then tap it. After entering your Apple ID and password, you can set a new Screen Time passcode.
However, some of you find that there is no option for forgot Screen Time passcode. Consequently, you cannot change it. If this problem remains, you will be restricted by your Screen Time lock every day. Thus, this article is going to explain the main causes of this problem and show you the efficient methods to fix it.
- Part 1. Why Is There No Forgot Passcode Option
- Part 2. How to Fix No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
- 2.1 Reset Screen Time Passcode on a Mac
- 2.2 Remove Screen Time Passcode by Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
- Part 3. Summary
Part 1. Why Is There No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
It seems that Apple gives you an unattainable method to fix your problem. But it is not the solution's fault but the restrictions on your iPhone/iPad. There are two main reasons explaining why there is no "Forgot Passcode?" option for Screen Time.
- Your iPhone/iPad is controlled by Family Sharing or MDM. If the organizer sets up the Screen Time lock on a child's, other family members or employees' devices, it's normal not having this option. Hence, if you want to change your iPhone/iPad Screen Time passcode or are eager to turn off it, negotiate with the organizer to seek permission.
- Your iPhone/iPad or iOS software version is incompatible. If the iOS version on your iPhone/iPad is earlier than iOS/iPad 13.4, the "Forgot Passcode" option will not appear. Or if your iPhone/iPad is too old to support iOS 13.4 or later, there is also no way to find this option. For the former situation, you can update your device to the latest iOS version.
Part 2. How to Fix No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
2.1 Reset Screen Time Passcode on a Mac
Apart from using iPhone Settings when you intend to change your Screen Time passcode but forget the passcode, Apple also provides a solution that guides you to set up a new Screen Time passcode on your Mac. Therefore, facing no forgot screen time passcode option, you are able to use a Mac to reset your Screen Time passcode. Here are detailed operating steps below.
- Check if your Mac is later than macOS Catalina 10.15.4. If it is not, please update it so that you can continue to the next step.
- Enter the Apple menu and go to System Settings or System Preferences, then select Screen Time.
- Click the "Change Passcode" button, then you can see the "Forgot Passcode" option.
- Enter your Apple ID and password, then you are able to set a new Screen Time passcode.
2.2 Remove Screen Time Passcode by Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
Actually, if you forget your Screen Time passcode, you can erase your iPhone's/iPad's data by resetting all settings. Factory resetting your device is also a good method. However, both of them require you to enter your Screen passcode and your Screen Time passcode. Therefore, if you have trouble with these methods, you can pick a third-party tool for help when there is no forgot passcode option for Screen Time. Then, you have the chance to re-set your passcode for Screen Time.
Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is an effective saver for unlocking your Screen Time passcode on your devices. Without technical skills, your Screen Time lock can be removed with merely 3 steps. No matter what type of iPhone/iPad, this program will work well with zero data loss. No matter which iOS version running on your device, this software has the ability to unlock your Screen Time passcode at a high rate of success. Furthermore, if your Screen Time passcode won't reset, you encounter a disabled Apple ID, or even an unresponsive screen when unlocking your device, this tool is well-prepared to solve all these problems.
Step 1Connect iPhone/iPad to Computer
Download, install and run Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. Connect your device to your computer. Enter the Unlock Screen Time Passcode section.
Step 2Disable Find My and Turn Off Screen Time Passcode
If the Find My feature on your iPhone/iPad is disabled, you can click the Start button to turn off your Screen Time passcode without losing data.
If the Find My feature is on, please follow the instruction on the screen to disable it. After that, you can do the same operation mentioned above.
Step 3Set Up Device and Set a New Screen Time Passcode
Once it removes your Screen Time lock successfully, you are able to set up your iPhone/iPad again. Keep in mind, choose "Don't transfer Apps & Data" at the "Apps & Data" screen so that your data could be reserved. Then tap "Set Up Later in Settings", and you can set a new Screen Time passcode later.
Part 3. Summary
Usually, there will exist a "Forgot Passcode?" option when you change your Screen Time passcode. But if there is no option for forgot screen time passcode, you can follow the official solution provided by Apple. However, some of you may not satisfy all the demands it requires. So, you can use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to remove your iPhone/iPad. It will help you successfully and instantly enter your device without restrictions and data loss. Give it a shot, and you will know how efficient it is.