If you forget your Screen Time passcode, Apple gives an official solution to use your Apple ID to change it. You can go to Settings → Screen Time → Change Screen Time Passcode. Normally, you can see a blue link above the keyboard showing "Forgot Passcode?", and then tap it. After entering your Apple ID password, you can set a new Screen Time passcode. However, some of you find that there is no option for forgot Screen Time passcode. Consequently, you cannot change it. If this problem remains, you will be restricted by your Screen Time lock every day. Thus, this article is going to explain the main causes of this problem and show you the efficient methods to fix it.
- Part 1. Why Is There No Forgot Passcode Option
- Part 2. Video Tutorial to Fix No Forgot Passcode Option
- Part 3. No "Forgot Passcode?" Option? How to Make It Appear
- Part 4. How to Fix No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
- 4.1 Change Screen Time Passcode in Organizer's Device
- 4.2 Remove Screen Time Passcode via Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
- 4.3 Bypass Screen Time without Passcode with iTunes
- Part 5. Summary
Part 1. Why Is There No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
It seems that Apple gives you an unattainable method to fix your problem. But it is not the solution's fault but the restrictions on your iPhone/iPad. There are two main reasons explaining why there is no "Forgot Passcode?" option for Screen Time.
- You are in the wrong interface. If the "Forgot Passcode?" option doesn't show up when you are asked for Screen Time passcode, you might be in the progress of resetting settings or erasing data. No matter whether you want to reset iPhone settings or erase iPad, as long as you have turned on Screen Time, you need to enter the screen passcode as well as the Screen Time passcode. And in these interfaces, there is no option for forgot passcode. As a result, you can only see this option when changing Screen Time passcode.
- Your iPhone/iPad is controlled by Family Sharing or MDM. If the organizer sets up the Screen Time lock on a child's, other family members or employees' devices, it's normal not having this option. Hence, if you want to change your iPhone/iPad Screen Time passcode or are eager to turn off it, negotiate with the organizer to seek permission.
- Your iPhone/iPad or iOS software version is incompatible. If the iOS version on your iPhone/iPad is earlier than iOS/iPad 13.4, the "Forgot Passcode" option will not appear. Or if your iPhone/iPad is too old to support iOS 13.4 or later, there is also no way to find this option.
Part 2. Video Tutorial to Fix No Forgot Passcode Option
You can watch this video to get the quickest solution to fix forgot Screen Time passcode not showing up. All the steps are performed clearly, please do as follows.
Part 3. No "Forgot Passcode?" Option? How to Make It Appear
3.1 Update iOS Software
As we said before, not all iOS version running on your device can be supported with "Forgot Passcode?" option for Screen Time feature. You should check and make sure that there is no compatibility issue. To meet the basic requirement, you can update your device to the latest iOS version (iOS 13.4 and later or macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and later). Just head to Settings → General → Software Update → Download and Install. After your device reboots, the option will show for Screen Time section.
3.2 Set Up Apple ID
Some of you may be confused as to why you updated to a supported iOS version (iOS 13.4 and later) but still cannot see "Forgot Passcode?" option. In such a case, think about whether you failed to provide your Apple ID or didn't sign into your iCloud account when setting your Screen Time passcode. Usually, an Apple ID gives you a secure way to reset your Screen Time passcode when you forget it, which is called "Screen Time Passcode Recovery" offered by Apple. If there is no login account with your Apple ID, you cannot get "Forgot Passcode?" option. As a result, go to Settings → Sign in to your iPhone to log in your account with an available Apple ID. After that, the option will display on the bottom of screen when you're going to change and reset your Screen Time passcode.
Part 4. How to Fix No Option for Forgot Screen Time Passcode
4.1 Change Screen Time Passcode in Organizer's Device
Once Family Sharing function is enabled, a child device that's controlled by parents cannot get the "Forgot Passcode?" option to reset Screen Time passcode. If you forgot Screen Time passcode and would like to reset it for your child's device, then do it on the family organizer's device. Here're the detailed steps you can follow.
- Step 1: Open Settings then click on Screen Time on the family organizer's device.
- Step 2: Scroll down the screen and find your child's name under Family to click.
- Step 3: Click on Change Screen Time Passcode and then Change Screen Time Passcode again. You should perform authentication by using your device passcode, Face ID or Touch ID.
- Step 4: Reset the Screen Time passcode with a new one and finish confirmation.
4.2 Remove Screen Time Passcode via Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
Actually, if you forget your Screen Time passcode, you can erase your iPhone's/iPad's data by resetting all settings. Factory resetting your device is also a good method. However, both of them require you to enter your Screen passcode and your Screen Time passcode. Therefore, if you have trouble with these methods, you can pick a third-party tool for help when there is no forgot passcode option for Screen Time. Then, you have the chance to re-set your passcode for Screen Time.
Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is an effective saver for unlocking your Screen Time passcode on your devices. Without technical skills, your Screen Time lock can be removed with merely 3 steps. No matter what type of iPhone/iPad, this program will work well with zero data loss. No matter which iOS version running on your device, this software has the ability to unlock your Screen Time passcode at a high rate of success. Furthermore, if your Screen Time passcode won't reset, you encounter a disabled Apple ID, or even an unresponsive screen when unlocking your device, this tool is well-prepared to solve all these problems.
Step 1Connect iPhone/iPad to Computer
Download, install and run Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. Connect your device to your computer. Enter the Unlock Screen Time Passcode section.
Step 2Disable Find My and Turn Off Screen Time Passcode
If the Find My feature on your iPhone/iPad is disabled, you can click the Start button to turn off your Screen Time passcode without losing data.
If the Find My feature is on, please follow the instruction on the screen to disable it. After that, you can do the same operation mentioned above.
Step 3Set Up Device and Set a New Screen Time Passcode
Once it removes your Screen Time lock successfully, you are able to set up your iPhone/iPad again. Keep in mind, choose "Don't transfer Apps & Data" at the "Apps & Data" screen so that your data could be reserved. Then tap "Set Up Later in Settings", and you can set a new Screen Time passcode later.
4.3 Bypass Screen Time without Passcode with iTunes
If no Forgot Passcode option for Screen Time, you are unable to use Apple ID password to create new passcode, how can you turn off Screen Time when you forgot the passcode? iTunes is a free method that you can take to restore your device so as to delete the Screen Time passcode. However, ensure Find My feature is disabled before you use this method.
- Step 1: Open iTunes on your computer and plug your iPhone or iPad into it.
- Step 2: Unlock your device and trust the computer if asked.
- Step 3: Click the device icon at the top of the screen, and you will get into the Summary section.
- Step 4: To avoid data loss, you need to back up your data by clicking Back Up Now.
- Step 5: Click Restore iPhone to put your device into default settings, and the Screen Time passcode will be erased in the meantime.
Part 5. Summary
Usually, there will exist a "Forgot Passcode?" option when you change your Screen Time passcode. But if there is no option for forgot Screen Time passcode, you can try basic solutions to make the option appear. However, some of you may not satisfy all the demands it requires. So, you can use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to remove your iPhone/iPad. It will help you successfully and instantly enter your device without restrictions and data loss. Give it a shot, and you will know how efficient it is.