Q: "My iPhone 6 was lost/stolen 6 days ago. I enabled the lost mode on it, but it has been offline since. If I have a passcode on the phone will the thief be able to get into my phone/data? Can the thief restore my phone to the original settings without alerting me?" – from Quora
To avoid data leakage and keep your iPhone unusable when your iPhone is lost or stolen, you are recommended turning on the lost mode. With this feature enabled, the security of your iPhone could be protected to some extent. Because for the question "can someone unlock my iPhone in lost mode" the answer is yes. In this article, you will get to know how to unlock iPhone in lost mode, how to use lost mode to track your lost iPhone and how to set securer features to keep your iPhone safe.
- Part 1. How to Enable and Activate Lost Mode
- Part 2. How to Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
- Method 1. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode with Passcode
- Method 2. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode via iCloud
- Method 3. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode and Activation Lock
- Part 3. Bonus Tip to Protect iPhone in Lost Mode
Part 1. How to Enable and Activate Lost Mode
Enable Lost Mode on iPhone
If the lost mode is enabled, you can edit a message about your personal information such as your phone number, and it will show on the lock screen. In this case, the one who picks up your iPhone could contact you. Now, follow the steps to enable lost mode on your iPhone.
- Step 1: Go to Settings, tap your Apple ID and choose Find My.
- Step 2: Toggle on the Find My option and enter your Apple ID password.
- Step 3: Remember to turn on "Send Last Location" as well. It is an extra security to send its last location to Apple even though your iPhone is offline or your battery dies.
Activate Lost Mode
Find My is able to display the location of your iPhone even if there is no network, your device is powered off, or it is erased. When your iPhone is lost or stolen, the first thing you need to do is to activate the lost mode.
- Step 1: Visit the iCloud webpage to sign in with your Apple ID. Or, use another Apple device associated with the same account and open the Find My app.
- Step 2: Choose your Apple ID section, locate the Find Devices module, and open the All Devices list to select your lost iPhone. Alternatively, tap the Devices tab, and choose your missing iPhone.
- Step 3: On icloud.com, click on Lost Mode, enter your phone number and a message to activate the lost mode. On another device, tap Activate under Mark As Lost, type in your phone number or email address, and toggle on the Notify When Found option while entering the message.
Part 2. How to Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode
Method 1. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode with Passcode
Generally, if the screen lock has been set up before, you could bypass the lost mode screen by entering your screen passcode. On the contrary, if you have not enabled the screen lock, you will be asked for the iCloud and password to recognize your identity. With either correct passcode, your identity could be confirmed to unlock iPhone in lost mode.
Method 2. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode via iCloud
Is there another way to unlock iPhone in lost mode? iCloud is available to remove the lost mode screen if you found your lost iPhone. Here is how to do it.
- Step 1: Go to icloud.com and log in to your Apple account.
- Step 2: Click on your profile and name, hit the Find Devices link and enter the device map.
- Step 3: Choose your iPhone in lost mode from the All Devices list.
- Step 4: Click the Lost Mode option and the Stop Lost Mode option subsequently.
Method 3. Unlock iPhone in Lost Mode and Activation Lock
When you lost your iPhone and turn on the lost mode for the first time, but you found it recently, it is necessary to stop the lost mode on your iPhone. If the screen passcode is forgotten, you are required to enter Apple ID and password to bypass the activation lock to unlock iPhone. What if both of them are forgotten? Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is capable of unlocking the activation lock on iPhone in lost mode. Regardless of iPhone, iPad or iPod, this activation lock remover is remarkable on account of its simple steps and detailed instructions. It could be used to unlock Apple ID without password and turn off the Find My feature as well.
- Bypass "this iPhone was lost and erased" effortlessly
- Remove iCloud lock without password
- Turn off Find My on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Assure high-security factor to unlock Apple ID
Step 1 Install Joyoshare Activation Unlocker and Connect to Computer
After installing iTunes on your computer, download and run the latest Joyoshare Activation Unlocker. Read the note and disclaimer carefully. If you agree with the terms, click on Agree and the Start button to proceed. Then, connect your iPhone in lost mode to the computer.
Step 2 Jailbreak iPhone In Lost Mode
The jailbreak tool will be downloaded on your computer automatically. Then, use a USB drive to install this tool by clicking on the Start Installation button. After that, hit the Jailbreak Tutorial to see how to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Jailbreak Tutorial:
- ☞ How to Jailbreak iOS Device on Windows
- ☞ How to Jailbreak iOS Device on Mac
Step 3 Remove Activation Lock to Unlock iPhone
Confirm the device information and click the Start to Remove button to unlock your iPhone in lost mode. When you see the Done button, the lost mode screen is removed successfully.
Part 3. Bonus Tip to Protect iPhone in Lost Mode
To prevent iPhone from getting lost, iOS 15 and later system versions are introduced a new feature – Notify When Left Behind. After enabling this feature, you can get an alert if your iPhone is left somewhere when you leave it. This separation alert is much more effective if you possess an Apple Watch running watchOS 8.
- Step 1: Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Choose Devices tab and tap on your device in the list.
- Step 3: Tap the Notify When Left Behind option and toggle it on.
Can someone unlock iPhone in lost mode? Yes. If your passcode or Apple ID password is too simple or someone knows them, your iPhone will be unlocked easily. But the lost mode is not 100% secure to prevent your iPhone from hacking by a thief. You'd better refer to the bonus tip provided in this article to protect your iPhone. In case you found your lost iPhone, how to unlock it without passcode? Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is competent to help you unlock iPhone/iPad/iPod in lost mode with easy steps.