Screen-cast or screen recorder is a video screen capture of your computer screen and includes text, audio narration or called for explanation. It can be used in different ways, including:
• Display to others how the given task can be done or to resolve specific software issues.
• Create tutorials or product presentations.
• Share your game playing success with others.
• Record a seminar for sharing with those members who did not attend or for future reference.
With the fast growth of online video sharing services, more and more screen casting apps are available that can record videos on computer screen, from simple to advanced, free to paid. However, choosing good screen recorder is a tough issue especially for screen cast beginners. But don't worry. In order to help you choose a most appropriate screen recorder, we'll discuss what to consider when selecting screen recording software so that you can accomplish your recording tasks better.
Part 1. Criteria to Consider While Selecting Screen Recorder
Video recording quality
Part 2. Must-have Features of the Best Video Capture
• Webcam recording
• Mouse cursor recording with overlay
• Locked windows recording
• Recording in full HD, 2K or 4K quality
• Inbuilt video editor with required tools
• Screenshots can be taken easily
• Variety of output format options
Recommendation: Joyoshare Screen Recorder
To save your efforts in picking up the best screen recording tools from repeatedly testing, we are here introducing one of the most popular video captures for both Mac and Windows OS, that is, Joyoshare Screen Recorder. As an all-featured screen capture, it's able to record any desktop screen activity including videos and audios with lossless quality. Besides, it can save the recordings in many widely used formats, such as MP4, M4V, AVI, FLV, WMV, etc. And thanks to the easy-to-use interface, it's perfect for beginners to operate without any computer skills.