Q:"How can I record audio from a website?"
With the popularity of electronic devices, we often hang out on websites to kill time and entertain ourselves. Besides watching movies and discussing in forums, the most common thing we do is probably listen to streaming music or anything in audio format such as radio, podcasts, lectures, etc. As we all know, not each platform comes with download option for file saving, and this pushes us to find a way to record audio from website. If you are the same, join us here to learn how to make it soon.
Part 1. How to Record Audio from Website with Extension
One of the easiest way to record audio from websites is to use an extention like Chrome Audio Capture. This type of extension can be added to your browser and automatically detect what audio is playing in the current tab. It allows you to record multiple tabs and mute tabs that're being captured. What is noteworthy is that the recommended maximum recording time is 20 minutes. Also, it only saves files in WAV and MP3.
- Step 1: Visit Chrome web store and type to search "Chrome Audio Capture".
- Step 2: In the result page, click on "Add to Chrome" to quickly get it installed.
- Step 3: When this extension is shown as a shortcut on the top of your browser, you can open a tab that has your needed audio.
- Step 4: Now click on the icon of this Audio Capture on your browser and play audio in tab to "Start Capture".
- Step 5: When the audio is captured from website by your browser extension, you can stop recording and save it to your computer.
Part 2. Record Audio from Website on Windows
Take pleasure in listening to music, online radio, speeches and something similar on websites? Get an assistant, like Joyoshare VidiKit - Screen Recorder, to easily playback your favorite content over and over again, even without an Internet connection. This trusted recording software helps capture audio from your computer's system directly or using in-built microphone. It can achieve an optimal quality for whatever you create, enabling you to customize format, codec, bit rate, sample rate and channel. Also, it's possible to trim files and edit ID3 tags quickly.
- Record WAV, MP3, M4A, M4B, M4R, FLAC, AC3, OGG, APE and more
- Save audios into device-compatible formats like iPhone and Android
- Support switching between multiple sound sources
- Turn on/off system & microphone audios and adjust volumes
- Configure quality, codec, sample rate and more parameters possibly
- Record videos, trim, preview, schedule, edit ID3 tags, etc.
Step 1 Start "Record audio" mode in Joyoshare VidiKit
Go to the official website and finish program downloading. After the installtion, quickly run Joyoshare VidiKit on your computer. By default, the recording mode will be set under "Record video and audio". You need to change it to "Record audio" by clicking the button to the right of REC.
Note: Don't miss an dedicated audio recorder in this toolkit. You can go to Joyoshare VidiKit → Audio Recorder to have a close look, which offers more options such as sound effects, silence detection, equalizer, and auto-split.
Step 2 Set sound source, volume, format and more
In the middle of this program, you can see audio setting section. It's needed to record audio on PC without microphone if you only want to capture what come from the system. Turn on system and change volume. Moreover, click on to designate an output format and related parameters.
Step 3 Record audio from a website
Open a target website with your desired audio, and then click on "REC" button in this running screen recorder. After countdown, you can play file and at the same time, Joyoshare VidiKit will start recording for you. If you want, make use of the "Cut" button in the recording toolbar to cut audios.
Step 4 Save and manage audio file(s)
Having created audio recording from website, you can simply end it using Stop button. There is a History that lists all your finished files, letting preview, edit and rename them without a hassle.
Part 3. Record Audio from Website on Mac
To record audio on Mac from website, QuickTime is sufficient. One thing you should note is that this tool uses internal microphone and speakers on Mac, which always grabs noise from an external environment. To smoothly capture system audio, you should firstly install an audio extension called Soundflower. After that, simply follow the steps below to continue:
- Step 1: Open QuickTime Player on your Mac, go for File and select "New Audio Recording".
- Step 2: In the Audio Recording window, hit the drop-down menu to choose sound source and quality, then adjust to a suitable volume.
- Step 3: Click on the red recording button, navigate to your prepared website, and play audio to capture.
- Step 4: End audio recording by clicking the red button again and go to File to "Save" your recordings on Mac.
Regardless of your needs, you can record audio from website with one of solutions here, including using audio capture extension, professional recorder on Windows and QuickTime Player on Mac. To be sure, there are other tools, like Audacity or Online Voice Recorder, that you can resort to. No matter which one to get, check its functions, supported formats, quality, and more carefully. Hope you can record audios and facilitate your life.