Imagine that you are playing Fortnite on your PC. After a fierce fight, you win the game. Then, you want to share this delightful moment with your friends. However, you cannot download and send the video that is automatically recorded by EPIC's replay mode, since it is stored on Epic servers and will be replaced when you begin a new match. In this situation, great screen recorders can help you solve this problem effortlessly. Here are instructions to show you how to record Fortnite on PC, Switch and PS4.
- Part 1. Best Way to Capture Fortnite [with High Quality]
- Part 2. Capture Fortnite Gameplay on PC
- Part 3. Capture Fortnite Game Video on Switch
- Part 4. Capture Fortnite Game Video on PS4
- How to Clip Fortnite
Part 1. Best Way How to Record Fortnite on PC/Mac
The best and easiest way to record Fortnite Battle Royale on a computer is using a professional recording software - Joyoshare VidiKit - Screen Recorder, which can help you smoothly capture Fortnite as well as other games. In addition to recording gameplay, you are able to use this tool to record movie, streaming video, music, online video chat, etc. With Joyoshare VidiKit, you can save video into any format for different devices. If you want to explain how you play Fortnite Battle Royale during the game, you can connect your microphone to your computer and the software can record your voice. Besides, it allows you to trim, add watermark, take a snapshot, and more.
Step 1Open best Fortnite recording software
Run Fortnite Battle Royale on your computer. Then install Joyoshare VidiKit and release it. In the pop-up window, click Record and select Screen Recorder option. Now, choose Record video and audio mode to capture audio and screen at the same time. If you do not want to record audio from the system and your microphone, you can ban them by hitting the corresponding icons.
Step 2Personalize settings
If you want to set a shortcut key to start and stop recording, you can click "Option", which is in the lower right corner. You can change the saving format by selecting the "Format" button. Also, you are allowed to preset recording schedule, add watermark, and highlight cursor.
Step 3Choose the recording range
Adjust the capture area by tapping the plus icon, which belongs to the "Capture Area". You can drag the frame or input value to magnify and narrow the area.
Step 4Start to record Fortnite
Finally, you can click "REC" and start to capture the gameplay. During the recording process, you can skip and trim the video via the toolbar. It is easy for you to manage the recordings since you can find them in the "History" tab. You can play and trim the video on it.
Part 2. How to Record Fortnite Replays on PC
ApowerREC is a recorder that can capture anything on your screen. Thus, it can help you record Fortnite easily. You can capture the game on the customized area or full screen on your desktop. Besides, editing video and presetting recording time are also feasible. The best thing about this tool is that you are capable of uploading video to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox directly as you want. Following is how to record Fortnite gameplay on the computer with ApowerREC.
- Step 1: Open ApowerREC and go to "Setting" to customize the recording preference like hotkeys, video format, etc. Next, load the Fortnite on your computer;
- Step 2: Select an area that you want to record;
- Step 3: Begin the recording by tapping "REC". At last, the gameplay video can be found under the ApowerREC recording list.
You must know OBS, a professional screen recorder, if you try to record gameplay like Fortnite, Dota 2, Headstone, CSGO, Clash of Clans and many more on computer. However, it is featured with complicated interface and comes with a lot of advanced functions. If you want to operate this program, you should have little knowledge of screen recorder. Plus, OBS stores your recorded Fortnite gameplay video as AVI by default. This tool is completely free and open-source. After the recording, you are allowed to edit recordings by using its inbuilt video editor.
- Step 1: Open Fortnite and OBS on your computer. Click plus options in the Scenes and Sources sections in OBS. Then choose Game Capture.
- Step 2: Customize the recording region according to your requirement. Click Start Recording button to begin the recording process.
- Step 3: When you want to finish the recording, click the Stop Recording button. Preview your file by heading to File - Show Recordings.
Part 3. How to Record Fortnite on Switch
Many game players are interested in playing diverse gameplays on Switch. Some professional users search for an easy and simple way to create tutorial video by recording on Switch to teach beginners. Although, Switch allows users to record 4 gameplays like Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Splatoon 2, straight on this device. There is no solution to record Fortnite on Switch directly. Also, you can capture other games and there are no advanced settings for recording. You can not adjust the quality of recorded video as it saves your recordings at fixed 720p, 30 FPS.
Part 4. How to Record Fortnite on PS4
Fortnite is also compatible with PS4 and many users look for an answer to problem like how to record Fortnite on PS4 easily. Actually, PlayStation 4 allows you to be adept at recording PS4 gameplays. There are two solutions to get that done, which can be exemplified by recording current gameplay and recording past gameplay. Additionally, when you end the recording process, you have the power to share your recorded video to your social platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and more directly.
- Step 1: Activate Fortnite on PS4 and enjoy your gameplay.
- Step 2: If you want to capture current gameplay, simply press the SHARE button twice and hit the SHARE button twice again to stop recording. Or, press SHARE button once to record the past gameplay.
How to Clip Fortnite Quickly
To meet the need of players, EPIC, the developer of Fortnite Battle Royale, adds a replay function to the game, which can help you record last 100 games automatically so that you can't miss highlight in gameplay. In this mode, you can watch your gameplay from any angle, as well as, quicken and slow the action. The following is a guide to show you how to watch and edit the gameplay video again with Fortnite replays mode.
- Step 1: Launch Fortnite Battle Royale on your PC and go to "CAREER";
- Step 2: Choose "REPLAYS" and pick up a match that you want to watch;
- Step 3: Tap the camera icon at the bottom of the screen and you will see many tools on the tab. You can use them to adjust the angle of view, focus, aperture, length and more.
- Note: As we mentioned at the beginning, this default replay mode does not allow you to download the recordings and upload them to other websites. Therefore, if you want to share the video on social media, you still need to use third-party screen recorders.
The above shows you how to record Fortnite on PC, Switch, PS4 with screen recorders and tells you how EPIC's replay mode works. Therefore, you must realize that you can only use the screen recording software to capture and save Fortnite Battle Royale gameplay video. This is the most effective and simplest method. If you want to record video in high quality, Joyoshare VidiKit is a good option. Also, you can try other game recorders and pick up the most suitable one.