Q: I am seeking for a solution to rotate a video on Windows 10 - then I search on the Google and all the suggestions are that I should use Windows Movie Maker. However this product is no longer supported or available to download. Is there any other solution or program available? - disco_di From Microsoft Forum
As we know, Microsoft has officially discontinued its video editing software - Windows Movie Maker since 10 January, 2017. For those who are new to this program will be unable to download and use it to cut, rotate and edit videos on PC any more. Then how will you rotate a video in Windows 10 without Movie Maker? Fortunately, there are many other similar programs that are easy to use and also available for Windows 10. Here we will recommend you top 3 best ways to rotate videos on Windows 10 with only a few clicks.
Part 1 Simplest Way to Rotate a Video with Joyoshare
Joyoshare Media Cutter is not only a powerful video/audio cutter and joiner, but also an amazing video editor and rotator for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP users as well as Mac OSX users.
The software enables you to trim any video at a superfast speed without causing any quality loss. You can also use it to adjust the video’s contrast, brightness, hue and saturation; apply special sound and video effects to your video clip; add subtitles, texts and watermarks according to your needs; or rotate the video by 90 degree left or right, flip it horizontally or vertically.
Besides, Joyoshare Video Rotator also supports a ton of output video file formats and portable devices and gadgets, such as HD MP4, MPEG, WMV, FLV, MOV, AVI, as well as Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, smart TVs, game consoles and more. Thus, you can export your adjusted video onto any device in any format you desire.
Why Choose Joyoshare Media Cutter:
Rotate and convert any video file losslessly
Possess remarkable video editing features
Multiple media file formats and devices are supported
Trim and rotate videos in a simple way
Step 1 Import your target video file
Step 2 Rotate the video
Step 3Export your rotated video
Part 2 How to Rotate Video Windows 10 in VLC Media Player
Without Windows Movie Maker, you can also rotate video with VLC. Besides a media player, VLC is also an easy-to-use yet powerful free video editing tool. It will help you edit and rotate any video file in just a few clicks only. To rotate a video in Windows 10 using VLC media player, you can follow the easy steps as below:
1. Launch VLC on your computer, click on the "Media" > "Open File" to import the video you want to rotate;
2. Press on the "Tools" > "Effects and Filters";
3. Click on the "Video Effects" > "Geometry", and choose the rotation degrees you desire. Remember to tick the "Transform" box before closing this window.
Part 3 How to Rotate Videos Using Wondershare Filmora
The third method to rotate a video on Windows 10 is to use Filmora Video Editor from Wondershare. This is also simple video editing software that can be used to edit and rotate videos quickly and easily. You can also save and export your rotated video to any file format, device and website. Rotating a video with Filmora only needs 3 steps:
1. Click on the "Full Feature Mode" and then add video to the software by hitting the "Import Media Files Here";
2. Drag-and-drop the video clip from media library to the timeline and double click this video. Choose one rotation option you want and then click the "OK" button;
3. Select the output format and set the exporting configurations and then click the "Export" button. You have now finished rotating a video and saving it.