Q:"I bought a salvaged iPod and it's locked. How do I bypass the passcode and reformat it?" - From iFixit
Actually, this sounds unsurprising. Users who have financial pressure may buy second-hand mobile phones to use, or sometimes may get a locked phone for testing purposes. No matter which situation is, being blocked from your iPod by an unknown screen passcode is always a headache. Don't fuss. It does happen very often. If how to bypass iPod touch passcode has become an urgent problem to be solved, here are some ways for you to unlock your device. However, you need to know that all of them will erase everything on your iPod. If you hold that it is acceptable, you can keep reading this post, learning 3 feasible tips to remove passcode from your iPod touch.
- Part 1. Bypass Passcode from iPod Passcode Using iOS Unlocker [Hot]
- Part 2. Bypass iPod Passcode Using iCloud
- Part 3. Bypass iPod Passcode Using iTunes or in Recovery Mode
Part 1. How to Bypass iPod Passcode Using iOS Unlocker
When it comes to iOS unlocking software, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker should be mentioned. This is largely because it has the power to unlock screen lock of iOS devices in assorted possible situations, including passcode forgotten, screen broken, iPod touch disabled due to many wrong passcode attempts, second-hand gadget, etc. In addition, it is designed with a simple interface in order to make it easy for those who do not have any technical knowledge to make use of it.
Certainly, the advantages of Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker go far beyond that. More, its stunning features enable it to bypass 4 kinds of screen passcodes. Apart from widely-used digital passcodes, it also supports to unlock intelligent Face ID and Touch ID. As a unlocking program with high compatibility, it can work well for all device models and iOS versions. With it, you can bypass iPod touch lock screen by yourself in a few minutes.
- Unlock types of screen locks - Face ID, Touch ID, 4-digit/6-digit passcodes
- Remove iPod touch passcode in short order
- Support all iOS device models and recent iOS 16
- Bypass passcode in various special occasions
- Unlock Screen Time passcode, Apple ID and MDM easily
- Factory reset iPod touch without passcode and iTunes
What's next is the specific way to bypass your iPod touch passcode with Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. You can download a compatible program on your Windows and Mac for unlocking quickly.
Step 1 Launch Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
You have to download and install Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker from the official website and then connect your iPod touch into the computer. In the main interface, choose "Unlock iOS Screen" and then click on "Start".
Step 2 Boot iPod touch into Recovery or DFU Mode
Put your iPod touch into Recovery mode or DFU mode according to the steps demonstrated on the screen. Once your device can not be set into a certain mode smoothly, you ought to change to another mode by clicking the blue link at the bottom of the same window. After that, click on the right arrow to continue.
Step 3 Download and Verify the Firmware Package
Afterward, all information about your iPod touch will be automatically recognized. Please confirm it and click the "Download" button. The recent firmware package will be downloaded and verified, which maybe takes you some time.
Step 4 Bypass iPod Touch Passcode
The last step is to click the "Unlock" button to make Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker unzip the firmware package. In a while, it will unlock device and your iPod touch passcode can be removed successfully.
Part 2. Bypass iPod Touch Passcode Using iCloud
Using Find My function in iCloud is a good way to prevent some private information from leaking when your device is lost or stolen, because it can remotely locate and erase your iOS device. Besides, this feature is also applicable to remove passcode from iPod touch. With this way, you need to enable Find My service on your iPod touch before it is locked. If you have done, follow the steps below to bypass iPod passcode.
- Step 1: Start by visiting www.icloud.com and then sign in account with Apple ID linked to your iPod touch;
- Step 2: Find and touch "Find My" feature to select "All Devices" option;
- Step 3: Amongst all the given devices, you certainly have to choose the locked iPod touch;
- Step 4: In the pop-up window, just tap on "Erase iPod" to bypass passcode on your device.
Part 3. Bypass iPod Passcode Using iTunes or in Recovery Mode
Another common way to bypass your iPod touch passcode is using iTunes. If you'd like to do it without erasing, you can back up data before performing. However, one requirement for this approach is that you need to synchronize your iPod touch with iTunes in advance. If not, it is necessary for you to set your iPod touch into recovery mode at first. The following guide will teach you how to bypass an iPod touch passcode via iTunes under two different conditions.
● Suppose that your iPod touch has been synced with iTunes, how to bypass passcode on it?
- Step 1: Run iTunes and plug your locked iPod touch into the trusted computer with an original USB;
- Step 2: Click the icon of your device at the top of this window after it is detected. Then choose the "Summary" option;
- Step 3: If you have backed up all iPod data, now you can directly click on "Restore iPod" to bypass its passcode. If you need to back up, hit on "Back Up Now" before clicking "Restore iPod" button.
● If you have not synced iPod touch with iTunes, the instructions described below will tell you how to do.
- Step 1: Install iTunes and use a USB cable to connect your iPod touch to computer firstly.
- Step 2: Manually boot your iPod touch into recovery mode.
- For iPod touch (7th generation), hold down Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. Then release them simultaneously until recovery mode screen shows.
- For iPod touch (6th generation and earlier), hold down the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. Then release both of them until "Connect to iTunes" appears on the screen of your iPod touch.
- Step 3: When iTunes detects your device in recovery mode, a window will pop up to ask you to restore or update iPod touch. You ought to choose "Restore" in the light of your real needs.
If you have problem in accessing your iPod touch without passcode, you can check and test solutions introduced in this article. If you remember your Apple ID and password, you can sign in iCloud to erase iPod. If you have iTunes on computer, ask it for passcode removal. Aside from them, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker can be a surefire solution, which guard your device all the time and save you from different lockup issues. Anyway, hope you can bypass iPod touch passcode soon.