Why do people like anime so much? The reasons are endless. It may have perfect characters, impressive storytelling, special and elegant music, etc. It is beautiful, emotional, and sometimes ridiculous and unrealistic. It brings us a lot of joy and takes us to other fantasy worlds. If you are an anime fan, you may be used to visiting many anime streaming sites and watch your favorite episodes. But it is also an important skill to download anime so that you can enjoy them even without a Wi-Fi connection. Different ways are available. You can make use of a third-party program or search for some free anime download sites. And all these methods can be found in today's article. Let's check it out.
- Part 1. Use VLC and Web Browser to Save Anime on iPhone and Android
- Part 2. Use a Video Downloader to Save Anime on Computer (with URL)
- Part 3. Use a Screen Recorder to Save Anime on Computer (without URL)
- Part 4. Top 4 Free Anime Download Sites
Part 1. Download Anime on iPhone and Android
Before you can download any anime video onto your iPhone and Android, you need to download another two tools for your smartphone, which are VLC Media Player and Dolphin Browser. You can go to your App Store or Google Play to search for these two programs. The anime download site we are going to take as an example here is KissAnime as this website doesn't require any membership, payment, or credit card information.
- Step 1: Download VLC Media Player and Dolphin Browser on your App Store or Google Play;
- Step 2: Go to the Dolphin Browser and open KissAnime, then you can go and browser anime list and find the anime episode that you would like to download and save;
- Step 3: Open the episode you want to download, then press and hold the download link below the video, and you need to select "Save Link" and then click on the "Download" button to confirm;
- Step 4: Now you can go to the download section and click the video you downloaded; you need to press the "Open in..." button, then choose "copy to VLC" and you will be able to go ahead and play your downloaded anime episode offline.
Part 2. Use an Anime Video Downloader to Download Anime Video
The tool we are going to recommend here is AceThinker Video Keeper. This powerful video downloader is able to download video from website like YouTube, TED, Metacafe, Veoh, VEVO, Vimeo, and more. Using it, you will be capable of saving movies, music videos, TV shows, reviews, etc. in no time flat. More amazingly, it will satisfy your need to save the full playlist and channel with a single click. After selecting which anime video to download, you can choose which format to output. AceThinker supports many video and audio formats, such as WMA, MP3, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, OGG, WMV, etc. You can even edit your downloaded anime videos by cutting, cropping, rotating, etc. freely.
- Download videos from different websites
- Extract MP3 from video online
- Support 720P, 1080P, 4K, and 8K videos
- Save a full playlist or select only some to download
- Output downloaded video to various formats
- Have a built-in video player and a video library
- Step 1: After downloading and running AceThinker Video Keeper on your computer, you can tap the "Download" tab to enable the video downloader;
- Step 2: Next, you need to open one of your favorite anime streaming sites, then copy the video link of the anime episode you want to download from the address bar;
- Step 3: Now go back to AceThinker Video Keeper and press the "+ Paste URL" button in the upper left corner of the program;
- Step 4: The program will detect your copied link and begin to download your anime episode;
- Step 5: Wait for a while and finally you will be able to play your saved anime video on the "Completed" tab using the built-in video player; you can also click on the "Open Folder" button from the submenu to locate your downloaded anime.
Part 3. Use a Screen Recorder to Download Anime Episodes
It is undeniable that in some cases, using a screen recorder to download anime series is more advantageous than using a video downloader. For instance, a screen recorder enables you to save a specific part of a video instead of the entire one, which will be more convenient if you want to upload it to YouTube or other video-sharing sites. Moreover, compared with a video downloader, a screen recorder supports more output formats and inbuilt video editing tools. It gives you full control of your anime video recording.
Here Joyoshare VidiKit (upgraded from Joyoshare Screen Recorder) is highly recommended. As the best video recorder and editor, it is able to record and save videos and audio from any source swiftly. You can make use of this tool to save anime videos in up to 4K quality with no watermark. Before recording, you can customize your output format, set up to make Joyoshare VidiKit start/end recording automatically, and more. It has two recording modes, so you can choose to download anime videos with sound or only save the audio track of a video.
- Select any customized region or the whole screen to record
- Support MP4, MP3, SWF, FLV, MKV, AVI, FLAC, and more formats
- Do not require URL to download anime videos in high quality
- Download video from Niconico, TikTok, Hotstar, Dailymotion, etc.
- Edit and enhance anime video by cutting, adjusting parameters, etc.
- Record online videos and music with no time limit and no lag
Step 1Start Joyoshare VidiKit and Open Screen Recorder
First and foremost, double-click to get Joyoshare VidiKit started on your computer. Next, tap the "Record" tab and open the screen recorder. When you see the interface, press the icon to so that you can use the "Record video and audio" mode to save anime videos with sound. If you only want to download anime music, you can click on the icon to open the "Record audio" mode.
Step 2Adjust Anime Recording Settings
More custom settings are accessible after clicking the little gear icon near the icon. You can always find many flexible options on the unfolded window. You may need to tap the "Format" button to select and adjust your target format. If you need to record the whole episode, you can also set up to make Joyoshare VidiKit start/end recording automatically to save your time and energy.
Step 3 Grab Screen Size to Record
You can decide whether to record the full desktop screen or a partial screen. If you need to select a region to record, you can press the "+" icon on the left side of the main interface to activate the capturing frame, which will allow you to drag and grab any screen size freely. Many preset standard resolutions are available as well. You can click on the triangle icon nearby to choose your preferred one.
Step 4 Record and Save Any Anime Episode
Now it's time to click on the "REC" button to let Joyoshare VidiKit start to record your anime video. You can play the video after a three-second countdown. Use the "Stop" button on the minimized toolbar and you will be able to quit recording at any time. If you need to split recording into clips or skip unwanted content like ads, you can make use of the "Cut" button and the "Pause" button respectively.
Step 5 Edit Anime Video
You can find your downloaded anime videos and songs on the "History" window. You can not only use the built-in media player to play your files, but also rename and cut them freely. For anime music, you can even edit the ID3 tags.
Part 4. Top 4 Free Anime Download Sites to Download Anime
Kissanime.ru, is the best anime online website. You can enjoy anime online and completely free. In addition to watching anime episodes with no registration needed, you can also stream or download movies and TV shows in high quality. Various formats from 480p to 1080p for a wide variety of devices are well supported. The popularity of Kissanime is tremendous. A large number of anime series are provided and you can use the strong search feature to find the most recent content easily.
9anime.to is one of the best places to watch anime online for free. It does not have an official Android or iOS app, and you can open it using any normal web browser. 9anime.to allows you to search anime order by alphabet name A to Z, which will definitely bring a lot of conveniences to you. What's even more amazing is that this website has prepared English subbed and dubbed anime. You can always find the download button and save your desired anime episode easily.
For anyone that loves anime but prefers to watch it with English dubbed, AnimeLand is a good place to go. It does not require you to register to download anime from this site. Offering source quality from 480p to 1080p, AnimeLand enables you to save high-quality episodes in a fast manner. You can go to its home page and check out the latest anime episodes.
GoGoAnime is another free anime streaming site. You are able to watch free anime series and movies online, which are in Japanese language with English subtitles. GoGoAnime features various content across genres. To download anime videos, you need to log in first, then make use of the download button above the episode you are playing.