If you love to play with music, you must have a lot of MP3 songs and files on your computer. Whether you want to trim the music files into smaller ones or create a personalized ringtone for your phone, a useful and reliable MP3 trimmer is of great help. Then how to trim an MP3 file in Windows 10? Here we'll present you with three easy methods.
Part 1. How to Trim MP3 File on Windows 10 with Joyoshare Media Cutter
Joyoshare Media Cutter for Windows is not only a video cutter, but also a smart and easy-to-use audio trimmer. With the program, you can easily to trim any audio file at a super fast speed without causing any quality loss. Joyoshare Media Cutter enables you to split large audios into smaller segments, remove unnecessary parts of audio file, make ringtone for iPhone, Android and other smart phones, join multiple audio clips into a single one.
Besides MP3 format, this MP3 trimmer Windows program also supports almost all the common audio formats including FLAC, AIFF, M4R, AU, MKA, WAV, WMA, APE, OGG, AAC, AC3, M4A, etc. You can export the trimmed audio file onto various other portable devices such as Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Galaxy S8, smart TV, game console, etc. Additionally, Joyoshare Media Cutter offers other powerful editing features, such as add special sound effects, extract audio from video, adjust the channel, sample rate and bit rate, etc.
Remarkable Features of Joyoshare MP3 Trimmer:
Trim MP3 files with original quality intact
Cut and convert MP3 at 60X faster speed
Export trimmed MP3 file into many other formats
Contain powerful audio editing tools
Step 1 Import your target MP3 file to Joyoshare
Step 2 Determine the cutting segments
Step 3 Choose the output mode
Step 4 Start to trim an MP3 file
Video Guide: How to Trim an MP3 File in Windows 10 with Joyoshare
Part 2. How to Split an MP3 File in Windows Movie Maker
If you're a Windows user, you probably have Windows Movie Maker pre-installed on the computer. So, it is also a good choice for you to trim your MP3 files without any other software installation again. Cutting an MP3 with Windows Movie Maker only needs 3 simple steps and here is how:
1. Add MP3 music file. Launch Windows Movie Maker program first and then click the "Add Music" option to import an MP3 file you want to trim;
2. Trim MP3 file. Right click on the audio file and choose "add to Timeline", or just drag the file to the Timeline. Set the start trim point and end trim point by dragging the cursor;
3. If you're satisfied with it, save the trimmed audio in .wma format; if not, redo it again.
See also: How to Cut Videos in Windows Movie Maker
Part 3. How to Cut an MP3 with VLC Media Player
The third solution to trim an MP3 file on Windows 10 is to use VLC Media Player. Well-known as a player, it actually works well as an audio trimmer. With the app, you can trim audio clips by recording the desired portions of your MP3 file. Just follow the quick steps below to see how to cut an MP3 file with VLC media player:
1. Open VLC media player on the PC, go to "View" > "Advanced Controls";
2. Click on the "Media" >"Open File" to import your target MP3 file or just drag-and-drop the file to VLC;
3. Now play the MP3 file and record the segment using the built-in audio recorder;
4. After recording the wanted part, press the "Record" button to stop the recording, and the trimmed MP3 file will be saved in "My Music" folder on your computer.
See also: How to Cut Video Clips with VLC Easily