There are two situations that can cause you to be locked out of your iPhone. One is being locked by the screen lock due to forgetting your passcode. The other is when you can't unlock the Activation Lock because you've forgotten your Apple ID password, which prevents you from accessing your iPhone. In this article, we will show you 6 possible solutions for different situations. To deal with screen lock, you can reset your device using the Screen Lock Unlock tool or iTunes. Or, visit the iForgot webpage to retrieve your Apple ID and password, so as to use the new information to erase your iPhone. While to cope with the activation lock, the unlocking tool is really helpful. If none of them works, you can eventually contact Apple Support for help. To learn more about how to unlock iPhone without Apple ID, read this post.
- Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone Screen Lock without Apple ID
- Solution 1. Bypass iPhone Passcode without Apple ID via Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
- Solution 2. Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
- Solution 3. Visit iForgot Page to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
- Solution 4. Try Siri Trick to Bypass iPhone Passcode without Apple ID
- Solution 5. Contact Apple Support to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
- Part 2. How to Unlock Activation Lock on iPhone without Apple ID
- Part 3. FAQs about Unlocking iPhone
Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone Screen Lock without Apple ID
Solution 1. Unlock iPhone via Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
First and foremost, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is the most recommendable unlocking tool for you to unlock iPhone without Apple ID and password. Because this multifunctional program has the ability to unlock all types of iOS screen locks including but not limited to digit passcode, Face ID, and Touch ID. Most importantly, it possesses the least limitations when you use it to unlock iPhone, iPad, or iPod, so you don't have to worry about forgetting Apple ID and password. Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is not only able to unlock iPad without Apple ID, but also fix disabled iPhone without iTunes. Moreover, you can take advantage of this program to unlock Apple ID without lsing your data. Likewise, Screen Time passcode and device management are supported to be removed as well.
Step 1 Plug iPhone and Select Unlock iOS Screen
Install Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your PC or Mac, and plug your locked iPhone into computer. On the main interface, choose Unlock iOS Screen and click the Start button.
Step 2 Enter DFU or Recovery Mode
Put your iPhone into DFU mode or recovery mode by following the on-screen instructions. If you found it difficult to get into DFU mode, click the bottom link to see how to enter recovery mode.
Step 3 Download Matching Firmware Package
Once your iPhone is detected, detailed information about your device will be shown on the screen. Make sure that there is no mistake, then, click the Download button to get the matching firmware package.
Step 4 Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
After the verification of the firmware package, hit the Unlock button to begin unlocking your iPhone without Apple ID and password. It will take a few minutes until the whole progress ends.
Solution 2. Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
In fact, iTunes is a free way to unlock your iPhone with no Apple ID requirement. There are two situations for you to operate this software. One is that your iPhone has already been synced with iTunes, you could directly connect to iTunes. Another is that it hasn't been synced, you need to put your iPhone into recovery mode to proceed.
- Unlock Synced iPhone with iTunes
- Step 1: On your iPhone, go to Settings → Apple ID → Find My, to turn off Find My iPhone in advance.
- Step 2: Launch the latest iTunes on computer and connect your iPhone to it.
- Step 3: After iTunes successfully detects your iPhone, there will be an iPhone icon at the top menu. Click it to enter the Summary section.
- Step 4: If you haven't backed up your data, click on Back Up Now.
- Step 5: Click on the Restore iPhone option to restore your iPhone. Then, the iPhone screen lock will be removed without Apple ID.
- Unlock iPhone in Recovery Mode
- Step 1: Turn off your iPhone and plug it into computer. Then, open iTunes.
- Step 2: Put your iPhone into recovery mode following the below guide.
- iPhone 8 and later: quickly press Volume Up and release it, quickly press Volume Down and release it, long-press the Power button and release it until you see the recovery screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons at the same time, and release them until it enters the recovery screen.
- iPhone 6 and former: hold the Home button and the Side button together, and when you notice that it shows the recovery screen, release them.
- Step 3: Click the Restore option on the prompt that iTunes shows.
- Step 4: Wait for a while, iTunes will unlock your iPhone without Apple ID and password.
Note: This method doesn't require you to disable the Find My iPhone. Thus, if Find My is turned on, you will see the activation lock when your iPhone restarts, which will ask for Apple ID and password. You can use Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to remove it or bypass the activation lock using screen passcode.
Solution 3. Visit iForgot Page to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
If you cannot remember your Apple ID and password, which results in failing to unlock iPhone, you are able to find them back according to Apple's official method. The iForgot website offers a service that helps users retrieve their Apple ID and password if their identities could be confirmed.
- Step 1: Visit the iForgot page on any browser.
- Step 2: In case you forgot the Apple ID, click the link stating "look it up" above the Continue button.
- Step 3: Type in your name and email address to find your Apple ID.
- Step 4: Then, come back to the previous page, enter the found Apple account and hit the Continue button to proceed.
- Step 5: Type in your phone number or answer some questions to verify that you are the owner of the Apple ID.
- Step 6: Follow the instructions to reset your Apple ID password. Then, you could use the new password to unlock your iPhone.
Solution 4. Try Siri Trick to Bypass iPhone Passcode without Apple ID
In iOS 8 and iOS 10, there is a loophole that could be utilized to unlock iPhone without Apple ID - use Siri and the Message app. This trick not only supports limited system versions but also has a low success rate. You can try it on your locked iPhone to see if it works.
- Step 1: Activate Siri by saying "Hey Siri" on your locked iPhone and ask "What time is it?"
- Step 2: When Siri answers and displays the time on the screen, tap the clock icon. Select "+" to continue.
- Step 3: Then type some words in the field box.
- Step 4: Tap Select All → Share → Messages.
- Step 5: On the "Email" screen, also type some words in the "To:" field box.
- Step 6: Click the "+" to continue. Select "Create New Contact".
- Step 7: Tap add Photo → Choose Photo to go to Photo Library.
- Step 8: In the Photo Library, you can press the Home button to go to the Home screen without screen passcode.
Solution 5. Contact Apple Support to Unlock iPhone without Apple ID
It is also a workaround to provide your personal information to Apple serviceman so that they could verify your identity. Then, with Apple Support's assistance, you will get your Apple ID and password back, hence unlock your iPhone passcode without Apple ID. Although the progress might be a bit complicated and strict, it is a worth-trying solution.
Part 2. How to Unlock Activation Lock on iPhone without Apple ID
When some users reset iPhone because they forgot the passcode, after the reset, it said that they need an Apple ID and password to unlock. Usually, you are required for the original Apple ID and password on this activation lock screen or it says iPhone Locked to Owner. If you encounter the same problem and have no idea what's the Apple ID and the password, how to unlock the iPhone without Apple ID password?
Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is specifically designed to unlock the activation lock when you are unable to get the Apple ID or password. It holds a high success rate as well as high compatibility. You only need a slight effort to remove the iCloud activation lock from iPhone, iPad and iPod. With a several clicks, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker assists you to activate your iPhone without Apple ID and password. Since the Find My feature is bouned to the activation lock, when you employ Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to turn the activation lock off, Find My will be disabled in the meantime. Further, this program supports to unlock Apple ID in a few minutes.
- Step 1: Install and open Joyoshare Activation Unlocker on your PC, and connect your iPhone to it.
- Step 2: At the bottom of the screen, click on the disclaimer and hit the Agree button if you want to proceed. Then, click the Start button.
- Step 3: For Windows users, insert a USB drive into the PC and install the jailbreak tool. For Mac users, the tool will be installed on the computer.
- Step 4: Follow the Jailbreak Tutorial to manually jailbreak your iPhone.
- Step 5: Hit the Start to Remove button to start unlocking iPhone activation lock without Apple ID.
Part 3. FAQs about Unlocking iPhone
Q1: What is the difference between Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker and Joyoshare Activation Unlocker?
A: Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker has 4 main features, including unlock screen passcode, remove Apple ID, turn off Screen Time, and bypass MDM. Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is primarily designed to remove the activation lock, while it can also unlock Apple ID and turn off Find My. The former supports more Apple devices and more iOS system versions than the latter.
Q2: When should I use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker?
A: When you forgot the passcode of your screen lock, as a result, your iPhone might be diabled for a long time or show the unavailble screen. Besides, when your Face ID or Touch ID stops working to unlock your device, when your Apple ID is locked for unknown reasons, when you can't remember the Screen Time passcode, when your device is supervised by a computer, and so forth. In these situations, you should use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to safely access your Apple devices again.
Q3: What risks will I take after bypassing iPhone passcode?
A: If you haven't turned off Find My, you need to unlock the activation lock after erasing data to bypass iPhone passcode. There is a risk that you can't offer the original owner's Apple ID, consequently, you are unable to access the device. Moreover, in case you factory reset your iPhone after using Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to bypass the activation lock, your device will be iCloud locked again.
Q4: When should I use Joyoshare Activation Unlocker?
A: When you can't contact the previous owner of your second-hand iPhone to get the Apple ID and password to unlock the activation lock, Joyoshare Activation Unlocker is a good helper. Or, when you forgot to turn off Find My before erasing your deivce, you can use it.
If you forgot iPhone passcode, Apple ID could be served to verify your identity to unlock your iPhone screen lock. It could a troublesome if you can't remember the Apple account password. According to Apple's solution, you are able to enter the iForgot page to find your Apple ID back and set up a new password. Then, use them to unlock iPhone. Or, take advantage of iTunes to restore iPhone. Further, you can directly contact Apple Support to solve this problem. Actually, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker gives you a more convenient way with no restrictions to unlock iPhone without Apple ID and password. In case you are locked by the activation lock, try Joyoshare Activation Unlocker to unlock iPhone activation lock without using Apple ID and password.