Cannot unlock your iPhone when wear a mask? Actually, Apple Watch has an option that allows you to unlock your iPhone. You do not have to remember two Apple Watch and iPhone passcodes. You can unlock your phone device simply through the Apple Watch and proceed to use it as needed when your face is covered up. If you haven't done it before, this will be amazing for you. Today, you can learn how to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch in this post. You can do it in several ways and avoid the usual mistakes during operation.
- Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Part 2. Alternative Ways to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
Finding an answer to unlock iPhone using an Apple Watch will be crucial for everyone with both devices. This section will look at the requirements you must fulfill, the steps to set up the process, and the steps to unlock your iPhone.
1.1 Requirements to Fulfill:
- Having an iPhone that has iOS 14.5 and later
- Having an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with WatchOS 7.4 and later
- The Apple Watch needs to be paired with the iPhone
- You must turn on both the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi features on Apple Watch and iPhone
- You must turn on the Wrist Detection feature on your Apple Watch and must have a passcode
- You should wear the Apple Watch on your wrist and make it unlock
- You can wear a face mask or sunglasses
1.2 How to Set Up Unlocking iPhone with Apple Watch
- Step 1: First, launch the "Settings" app on the iPhone.
- Step 2: Select the "Face ID & Passcode" feature and enter your passcode.
- Step 3: Scroll down the list to find the "Unlock with Apple Watch" feature. Turn the feature on against your Apple Watch name. If you do not turn on the Wrist Detection feature on your Apple Watch, you will be asked to turn it on.
1.3 Steps to Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Step 1: Ensure you wear sunglasses or a face mask, and the Apple Watch on your wrist. Further, make sure that the Apple Watch is unlocked.
- Step 2: Tap your iPhone or raise it to wake it up.
- Step 3: Now, glance at your iPhone, authenticate with your Apple Watch. Your iPhone will unlock for you to access device and use it.
Part 2. Alternative Ways to Unlock iPhone Without Passcode
What to do if you get into iPhone not unlocking with Apple Watch, or you cannot meet all requirements to unlock the device? Well. It doesn't matter. You can see three ways here to help unlock your iPhone without Apple Watch even when you forget the passcode.
Method 1: Use iTunes to Unlock iPhone
This method has two sections where you can unlock the iPhone using iTunes. Choosing which one depends on if your have synced your iPhone to iTunes on computer.
Situation 1: Use a computer where you have synced iPhone with iTunes
The procedure tells you how to unlock your iPhone using iTunes using a computer that you frequently use to sync.
- Step 1: Connect the computer to iPhone.
- Step 2: Launch iTunes and ensure that it is updated.
- Step 3: As you have synced your iPhone previously, you will see your device's icon at the top left corner. Click the icon.
- Step 4: Click on the "Summary" button. If you did not take a recent backup of the device, do it by clicking the "Back Up Now" button.
- Step 5: After backing up the phone, click the "Restore iPhone" button and click the "Restore" button again. iTunes will start restoring the device to the latest backup and thus will unlock the device.
Situation 2: Using a computer that was never used to sync iPhone with iTunes
If you do not have an iPhone passcode and use a computer you never used to sync the iPhone, you must enter Recovery Mode. The recovery mode will help iTunes recognize the connected iPhone. Each device has a different procedure for entering the recovery mode. Please check the Apple website for more information. Before proceeding, ensure that you have the latest update.
- Step 1: Once you enter the Recovery mode, iTunes will display a message stating a problem with the iPhone and requires "Update" or "Restore".
- Step 2: Click the "Restore" button.
- Step 3: iTunes will clean the iPhone and reinstall the latest iOS software for the iPhone.
- Step 4: After completing the restoration process, the iPhone unlocks and starts as a new device.
Method 2: Use iCloud to Unlock iPhone
When unlocking iPhone with Apple Watch is impossible, you can open it using iCloud. However, you must know your Apple ID and password. Further, ensure that you have the latest backup of the device on iCloud.
- Step 1: Use a different device to log in to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Step 2: Click "Find My" option and click "All Devices" on the top of screen.
- Step 3: You can choose the iPhone you need to unlock on the map and click the "Erase iPhone" button.
- Step 4: Type in your Apple ID and password again to proceed. iCloud will erase the device. Once done, your iPhone will be set as new with no screen passcode.
Method 3: Use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
The final alternative method to unlock iPhone without Apple Watch is by using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. This is a simple tool for you to bypass four different passcodes from iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad, including Face ID, Touch ID, graphic passcode and numerical passcode like 4-digit and 6-digit passcodes. The process is quite easy and you can independently operate at home.
Besides, you can further use it to turn off the Screen Time without a passcode, remove Apple ID without a password, and get rid of MDM restrictions without data loss. All of these can be done on nearly all iOS models running different iOS versions, even iPhone 14 series and iOS 16.
Step 1 Connect Locked iPhone to Computer
Connect the iPhone that's already locked with your computer and launch Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker software. From the main interface, click the "Unlock iOS Screen" option and then "Start".
Step 2 Put iPhone into DFU/Recovery Mode
Now, set up your iPhone in DFU or Recovery Mode by following the steps displayed on the screen. Once you make it successfully, the arrow button in the lower right corner will become a clickable in blue.
Step 3 Download Firmware Package
Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker will detect the device you connected and show its information. You can check for its credibility and make changes if necessary. Then, download the latest firmware by clicking the "Download" button. Verify the same upon completion.
Step 4 Unlock iPhone without Apple Watch and Passcode
Click the "Unlock iPhone" button to start the process. Ensure the iPhone is connected throughout the procedure and has a full battery. Once the process is complete, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker removes the passcode from your iPhone.
You now have complete solution available to unlock iPhone with Apple Watch. You can choose this official way to unlock when you remember the passcode. If you fail to unlock your device in such way using Apple Watch when you forget your passcode, you can use iTunes, iCloud, or Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. Choose the suitable method to unlock the iPhone based on your situation.