iPhone XS/XR/X has an amazing feature called Face ID which enables you to unlock your iPhone XS/XR/X with just a glance. However, there are occasions when people get locked out of their iPhone XS/XR/X because of a malfunction in the Face ID. In such a case, a question arises, "Can you unlock iPhone X series devices without Face ID?" The answer is, yes you can. There a number of ways using which you can unlock iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID. Here are the most efficient ways to unlock your iPhone without Face ID.
- Way 1. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using Passcode
- Way 2. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using iCloud
- Way 3. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using iTunes
- Way 4. Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
Part 1. How to Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using Passcode
Every iPhone asks you to create a passcode when you set it up for the first time. A passcode is simply a combination of numbers which you can use to unlock iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID. It is simply the perfect way to unlock your iPhone if you clearly remember your passcode. Here is a list of ways in which you can make the passcode screen appear on your iPhone to fill the passcode if the Face ID fails to work.
i) Swiping up the Screen
This is the simplest way to unlock iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID using the passcode. Here is how you can do it step by step:
- Step 1. Awake your iPhone screen by tapping or simply raising it in your hand;
- Step 2. Now Swipe up the screen in order to display the passcode screen;
- Step 3. Enter the correct passcode to unlock your iPhone XS/XR/X.
ii) Canceling the Power Off
Another way of unlocking your iPhone XS/XR/X using passcode is by trying to power off the device. Here is the step by step guide to do it.
- Step 1. Press the Side button and any of the volume keys (Up or Down) at the same time;
- Step 2. Now a power slider screen will appear on your device. Just tap on "Cancel" at the button;
- Step 3. This will make the passcode screen to appear on your iPhone. Just enter the passcode to unlock your iPhone.
iii) Canceling the Emergency SOS
This is the last method of unlocking your iPhone XS/XR/X using the passcode. Here is how you can do it.
- Step 1. Quickly press the Side button 5 times in a row;
- Step 2. Now, an emergency SOS option will appear your screen with a counter. Just like in the previous method, cancel the call by pressing the "Cancel" option present at the bottom of the screen;
- Step 3. Doing so will stop the call and you will see the passcode screen on your iPhone. Now you can simply enter the passcode to unlock your device.
Part 2. How to Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using iCloud
iCloud offers a number of features which every iPhone user finds very helpful at some point. If you didn't know then you should know that you can unlock iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID or passcode using iCloud. But for this process, you need a remote device like a PC or Tablet. Here is the step by step guide on how to unlock your iPhone without Face ID using iCloud.
(Note: Only Users who have signed up for iCloud or have already used the Find My iPhone feature can use this method to unlock their iPhone XR/XS/X)
- Step 1. Visit iCloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID and Password;
- Step 2. Click on Find My iPhone section;
- Step 3. Click on "All Devices" at the top and select the device you want to unlock without Face ID;
- Step 4. Now click on "Erase iPhone" to remotely erase your iPhone and its password;
- Step 5. Now simply restore your erased data from a recent backup and you are done with the process of unlocking iPhone without Face ID and passcode.
Part 3. How to Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using iTunes
This is another useful way on How to unlock iPhone X without Face ID or passcode. If you have ever before synced your iPhone with iTunes then you have one more option to unlock iPhone XS/XS/X without Face ID or passcode. The primary benefit of using iTunes to unlock your iPhone is that you don't lose any of your data. Here is the complete step by step method of unlocking iPhone using iTunes.
- Step 1. Install iTunes on your PC;
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the PC and open iTunes on PC;
- Step 3. Now quickly press and release Volume Up key and then quickly press and release the Volume Down key followed by press and holding the Side button until the recovery mode screen appears;
- Step 4. Now you will see an option to update or restore on your PC. Select "Restore";
Step 5. iTunes will do the rest of the work by itself by download the downloading the software for your iPhone and the recovery mode screen will automatically exit;
Step 6. Once the process is finished, you can once again start using your unlocked iPhone XS/XR/X.
Part 4. How to Unlock iPhone X/XR/XS (Max) Using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker
In case none of the above-mentioned methods works, you can use a 3rd party iOS unlocker like Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker. The benefit of using Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is that it never fails like the above-mentioned methods which have failed at times in the past also and it doesn't care if you don't know your iPhone passcode or not or if you have synced your device to anything in the past or not. It is designed to unlock iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID or passcode at any cost. Here is how you can use Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to unlock your iPhone.
- Step 1. Install and launch Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker on your PC or Mac after finished downloading;
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone to the computer using an original USB cable;
- Step 3. Once the Joyoshare recognizes your device, an option to Remove Lock Screen will appear on your PC screen. Just click on "Start";
- Step 4. Now, Joyoshare will ask you to follow some steps to put your iPhone into DFU mode. Follow every step just as stated to put iPhone into DFU mode. If your device fails to do so, click on the instruction written in blue at the bottom to get instructions to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode;
Step 5. Now Joyoshare will show you all the information about your device. If there's something wrong, correct it manually otherwise click on "Download" to download the firmware package;
Step 6. Once the download and verification finishes, click on "Unlock" to start unzipping your firmware package and unlocking your iPhone;
Step 7. Once the unlocking bar finishes, your iPhone will be successfully unlocked and passcode will be removed.
Conclusion & Suggestion
These were some of the most efficient ways of unlocking iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID or Passcode. Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker has the highest success ratio among these as the other methods show a higher frequency of failures. Therefore, going with the Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to unlock your iPhone in case of a Face ID malfunction and a lost passcode is the best way to go to. Have a happy time unlocking iPhone XS/XR/X without Face ID.