One fine morning when you were in a hurry to reach your office and picked up your iPhone, you realize that when you swipe to accept that important call or use the bottom part of the screen, it doesn't respond. To make it work again, you hysterically press the power button. But to your dismay, nothing seems to work. It's an annoying yet worrisome situation that we understand you need to be sorted out as soon as possible. In our today's article, we will be revealing why the bottom of iPhone screen not working. So, you could avoid such mishaps in the future and the best-guaranteed ways to fix this problem as instantly as possible.
- Part 1. Why Doesn't the Bottom of My iPhone Screen Work?
- Part 2. Best Way to Fix iPhone Bottom of Screen
- Part 3. Conventional Tips to Fix iPhone Bottom of Screen
Part 1: Why Doesn't the Bottom of My iPhone Screen Work?
Before learning the solutions, it's important to diagnose the problem first. Some of the common reasons for the bottom half of iPhone screen not working issue can be as follows. Take a deep breath and relax because there are some simple tips and tricks to tackle this issue even though you don't have much technical information.
- You have dropped iPhone very often and got damaged digitizer.
- A glitch has occurred in the system that has made the communication between software and hardware a little complicated.
- You might be using a low-quality screen protector.
- There's a faulty app on your iPhone, causing the issue.
- An incomplete or faulty software update can also be the culprit.
Part 2: Best Solution to Fix the Bottom of iPhone Screen Not Working Issue
When you are trying to fix any issue on your iPhone, you need to be extremely careful not to lose the data. For that, the best method is to use Joyoshare UltFix. It is an advanced repair tool that can help you fix all your iPhone-related problems in a swift manner. You can fix the bottom half of iPhone screen not working, can't unlock or take calls issue without losing any data. Also, you are allowed to enter recovery mode and DFU mode freely.
Step 1 Run Joyoshare UltFix and connect iPhone
Launch the Joyoshare UltFix iOS repair tool and plug your iOS device into the computer. Click on the Start button to launch the process after entering recovery mode.
Step 2 Choose a mode for repairing
Joyoshare UltFix offers two repair modes, which can be exemplified by Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. The difference is you lose no data in Standard mode whereas Advanced mode erases all your data. In this situation, simply choose Standard Mode.
Step 3 Install the firmware package
When you click on the Next button, be prepared to download the firmware package. Click Download after confirming your iOS device info carefully. You will have to wait for a while until firmware package downloads and verify the package.
Step 4 Start to repair iPhone issue
Then click on the Repair button to fix the iOS system repair procedure. Joyoshare UltFix for Windows will help you unzip the firmware and fix the iOS automatically. Once done, you will have to check whether the device boots normally or not. Otherwise, you will have to get help from the local Apple store for the hardware issue. Those who chose Advanced Mode can restore their data from iTunes or iCloud backup.
Part 3. Common Ways to Fix Bottom of iPhone Screen Not Working
The bottom half of iPhone not working might be because of certain processes operating in the background. The best and easiest way is to reboot your iPhone.
- Step 1: Press and hold the iPhone's power button until the slider appears.
- Step 2: Drag the slider to the right to turn it off. Wait for a while and then turn on your iPhone.
2Force Restart Screen
A lot of users have reported that when they force restart the screen the bottom half of the screen started working again. Here's how you can do it to fix this issue quickly.
- Step 1: Go to Settings - Display & Brightness - View.
- Step 2: From there, select Zoomed and tap on the Set option. After 30 seconds the screen restart and iPhone will function properly.
3Free iPhone Storage Space
Sometimes the glitch of the screen not working properly occurs due to the overflowing storage memory. This makes the screen unresponsive. Check the storage and if it's full, you will have to delete the unnecessary items from iPhone.
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings and select General.
- Step 2: Tap on iPhone Storage and review the details. Delete some items if the memory is full. Before deleting anything, make a backup of your iPhone to avoid losing any data permanently.
4Turn on/off 3D Touch
Turn on and off the 3D Touch feature on your device also can help you repair your iPhone with this annoying problem. Follow these steps to repair bottom of my iPhone screen doesn't work.
- Step 1: Go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Touch - AssistiveTouch.
- Step 2: Turn it on and choose Customize Top Level Menu option.
- Step 3: You can also adjust the 3D Touch Sensitivity when 3D Touch is on.
5Update All Applications
When the bottom of my iPhone screen doesn't work, you can try updating all the applications from the App Store to fix this issue as there are some outdated applications may cause your iPhone screen unresponsive.
- Step 1: Launch the App Store and tap on your account.
- Step 2: You will get the list of all the apps that require an update.
- Step 3: Tap on "UPDATE ALL" and all the applications on your iPhone will be updated to the latest version.
6Update the iPhone Device
Another way to fix the non-working iPhone screen is to update the iPhone device as the new versions can fix the software bugs like the bottom of my iPhone screen won't work.
- Step 1: Go to Settings then General and finally tap on Software Update.
- Step 2: The device will check the new OS updates and download and install the available updates.
7Factory Reset iPhone
Resetting your iPhone is a painful procedure because you lose all the data in the process. But to fix the bottom half of iPhone screen not working, you might have to perform this procedure.
- Step 1: Go to Settings - General.
- Step 2: Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone, then press Reset All Content and Settings.
- Step 3: Then upload the data to iCloud and finally tap on Erase Now and complete the process.
Facing a glitch with electronic devices is a common problem. Therefore, when next time your screen bothers you, instead of wondering why doesn't the bottom of iPhone screen not working issue appear, properly try our tried and tested fixes mentioned above. Using Joyoshare UltFix allows us to securely fix our iPhone issues including the bottom screen not working. So, are you ready to become the best tech guy in your friend circle? Try out our fixes immediately for awesome results.